Aquascaping

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Breed, Oct 30, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Breed

Breed Feather Duster

Hey Everyone!!

I have been thinking about re-designing my aquascaping and changing my double sided tank, to only being one sided. Im going to try to build up the rock towards the back of the tank and try to make it look more like a reef. At the moment it looks pretty rugged and unorganised and it will probably look better this way.

What kind of aquascaping do you have in your tank? Do you guys use small pieces and build them ontop of each other or use bigger ones?

Cheers,

Breed

2. Click Here!

3. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Your best bet is not to build it like a big wall all along the back of your tank. Best to have caves breaks in the rock work to allow sufficient water movement to remove detritus and bring about proper oxygen transfer.

4. chetrod

chetrod Peppermint Shrimp

I have used plastic wire ties and also plastic(acrylic) rods to hold the rocks together and basically have the rocks stacked across the center of the tank to allow watermovement all around the rocks. Still not set up permanently I always end up changing it.

5. sssnake

sssnake Montipora Digitata

+1 on that one!