Aquascaping

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by Jumper, Feb 8, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jumper

Jumper Feather Duster

So I'll be getting a 29 gallon biocube soon and I'm not entirely sure how to scape it. I most likely will be using rock from reefcleaners while seeding it with one of my own pieces of LR. So can you guys post pics showing off your biocubes? It would really help me decide how it is I want to scape my own tank, and for some reason I'm changing the aquascape like every 2 days in my other tank so I'd like to see pics of a scape that I'd like and wouldn't want to change at all. Thanks in Advance.

2. Click Here!

3. Nannook

Nannook Astrea Snail

Hi Jumper: Our club president is a world renown fish breeder. He asked if I wanted to help him aquascape his new 29 ecoxotic for the lightning clown. This is the only fish known to exist, and if anyone can breed them Matt can. So here is a step by step and some samples of aquascaping or a 29, good advice and photos. We drilled, cut driveway marker rods (Lowe's, next to the mail boxes) and used underwater epoxy (plumbing department, plumbers epoxy) to make a really nice set up. The Lightning Project - The ongoing saga of the PNG Lightning Maroon Clownfish Breeding Project I hope this helps. Aquascaping is one of my passions.

4. Jumper

Jumper Feather Duster

Interesting... And as for the lightning clown I hope it does well; it's a very unique fish... Now that I'm reading the link the scape is something I'd really like to do!

5. Matt121

Matt121 Fire Worm

It is a work in progress and only a 14G, sorry for the pic I took it with my iPhone

[​IMG]

6. Jumper

Jumper Feather Duster

looks good; I'd like to do something similar.

7. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

no camera ATM but my basic set up for my biocube (8g) is a 1 island theme with two arches coming from the island, one that starts midway up, goes up to the right and is supported by a powerhead and the glass. the second arch starts at the substrate, all the way to the glass, and end about 1/2 the way up the island, it looks really nice IMO :).

but as someone once told me, you can try to plan as much as you want, but no matter what you cant force anything upon the rock ;)

8. Click Here!

9. Jumper

Jumper Feather Duster

must see pics!!!

10. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

these are a couple of days before adding the second arch

Attached Files:

11. Jumper

Jumper Feather Duster

looks good but... is that PANTYHOSE? :eek:

12. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

what are you talking about? the red stuff is macro algae, and the brown thing at the top right is a feather duster, but the lighting got messed up LOL