Aquascaping is much harder than it looks

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by Puffer Chick, Oct 5, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

For the past half hour i've been trying to reaquascape my tank because i was tired of the wall and wanted more swimming room and a more ineresting desgin. Boy is it hard! I have to slowly take one side down and find somewhere in the tank to put it. The tank clouds up extremely badly to where i cannot see. I have to feel around and hope i get something that works and looks good. I have to try to move the rocks around with out having them touch air. I have to worry about rock slides, i've been having a few, but thankfully with small rocks. And my poor fish being in an extremely dirty tank right now. I'm taking a break right now to let the tank settle back down so i can see how it looks and rearange more rock.

I thought it was going to be a lot easier. When i first setup the tank, i just put rock in, then sand then water. And it took like 10 minutes to put the rock in. Now it's taking much longer. But i hope it will be worth it

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

i'm thinking i'm liking how it turned out :)

4. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

OMG I KNOW! Gets so cloudy I have to wait for it to clear just to see my rock. Took me about 2 DAYS to get the rock how I wanted it. Plus once I break down my smaller tank all that rock is going in there (somewhere??) don't now where yet. Plus the refugium is already full of rock. lol

5. Triggerfish

Triggerfish Ritteri Anemone

That's great, I'm never 100% happy with my tank's aquascape(did I say that right?), yet when I decide to change it, after hours of moving heavy rocks through tight spaces, having rocks topple over and scratch the acrylic wall, scaring the fish half-to-death and clouding up the tank... I find that I liked it more the way it was before.

6. defdad

defdad Fire Shrimp

And of course it is impossible to get it back the way you had it!:eek:

7. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

haha it's really hard. The majority of my rocks are also big pieces so i had to be so careufl with those when putting them on top of the wall. And i'm talking about 80lbs or lr in a little 46 bowfront, i thought i wasn't going to be able to put everything in there with the new aquascape but i was.

8. Click Here!

9. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

haha i don't think i'll ever go back to the wall, it really did not leave that much swimming room, and was hard to do water changes because it was so tall. I just can't wait until it clears up so i can really see what it looks like

10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

looking at how i have my rock now and before i totally agree!

11. Blue Falcon

Blue Falcon Fire Goby

ROFLMAO! You can take out ONE piece of rock and try to put it back the way it was and for SOME reason it just wont balance!!!:angry:

12. AeLecocq

AeLecocq Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

i absolutly hate that lol