Aquarium Laser System

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Matt Rogers, Jun 2, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. visualscapes

visualscapes Plankton

O.K. I really hope no one thought I was serious! [smiley=biglaugh.gif]

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Don't sweat it. ehehe.

4. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Serious, no way man. I knew you were joking, or at least I was assuming you were joking.

5. visualscapes

visualscapes Plankton

Hehe, thanks you guys. I guess I'm just paranoid. Too much Bolinas weed.................. ;D Seriously though, who buys this crap?!! Some of the claims made by these companies......it just boggles the mind [smiley=shocked2.gif]

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Totally. I'd like to see the 'studies' done on this thing. Probably a good read.

7. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Seriously though, who buys this crap?!!

Me, but not because of the claims, for purely non aquarium artistic reasons, although I did put them in to see how effective they'd be. Also because I tested most products I sold when I worked in retail. I needed to know the ins and outs. They leak, some are outright defective(high return rate), aglae grows on the small lense and some colors just suck.

8. Click Here!

9. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

ya i seen the laser light show i get the magazine from dr fosters for aquariums, birds, and cats. the lazer lights are in the aquariums book it looks kinda cool. i was thinking maby it would make all those unwanted hitchikers come out and party so you can catch them easier

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Nice Karla. [smiley=hehe.gif]

I did hear about someone using it for 'moonlight' in their tank. I assume it was the blue one and not the psychedelic Iron Butterfly version.

11. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

well you can have the disco version the aquarium laser system comes with 2 modules for 2 colord lights but can hold up to 5 different colord lights.

the high light system comes with green and blue and also can hold 5 different colors

theres additions you can buy for it, the laser light house - creates a rotating beam and laser treasure chest - creates on off effect to add for xtra movement.

then theres the led tri lite system has 3 main colors and rotates thru all the colors of the rainbow

hehe im looking at the add so its not just one choice to put your fish back into the 70s. the colors you can get for the 5 color are blue, green, red, purple, and orange. it does say it creates mood in fish. they can clear a spot on the sand for a little dance floor. i wonder which one of my fish resembles john travolta the most hmmmmm ::)