aquapod goldfish

Discussion in 'Goldfish' started by scottbella, Jan 4, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. scottbella

scottbella Plankton

hello. i am a total newbe to all of this. sorry for being so naive.
    i was given a 24 gallon aquapod with 64w fluorescent lighting.
    i have 2 fancy goldfish and i wondered if this system is just abit more than i woudl need for just those 2 goldfish?
    not even sure how to set this thing up. seems like it is more for salt water or something.

2. Click Here!

3. philip_r5

philip_r5 Feather Duster

Sounds like a big tank for just two goldfish. Why do you suggest is seems more for a salt water tank? The 64w fluorescent? I have 2x25watts on my refugium, and a 50watt on my 7.5gallon fresh tank. I think it will be a good tank for them and you could aways add a couple other fish and live plants, the lighting would be great for live plants.

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I don't think I've ever seen a planted tank with goldfish. That would be interesting for sure. Considering how taxing goldfish are on filters, a 24 gallon doesn't sound like a bad idea.

5. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

I don't know how may times i've seen or heard about people starting off with goldfish and placing them in a small glass bowl and forgetting about them! What you have is a nice set-up for goldfish-does it have a filtration system? Also goldfish will do better with alittle salt added to their water and don't forget to check their water and do water changes regularly as well. Just because they are goldfish and not saltwater fish doesn't mean their requirements are that much different!
    Good luck!

6. yeager003

yeager003 Bristle Worm

I have one 8 year old comet goldfish that i won at a fair it is about 7 inches long now. he has been in a 20 gallon long aga this whole time. Personally i think he would have died long ago if he were in anything smaller. The aquapod would work just fine for goldies.

7. JewelsOranda

JewelsOranda Plankton

No tank is too big for goldfish... nor is there a such thing as too much filtration. What kind of goldies do you have in there? Singletails need lots of room. They belong in ponds. Doubletail varieties need atleast 10Gpf 20gpf would be better. My biggest Oranda I have is pushing 9 inches from head to tail... if given proper room a GF will grow very big.. The fluorescent lighting worried me a bit because of heat.. Those bulbs get very hot. You will need to be sure theres lots of surface bubbles to keep the water Oxygenated.

8. Click Here!

9. Jaws_flounder

Jaws_flounder Plankton