AquaMaxx BioMaxx BioPellet Reactors

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Nov 8, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

reminds me of the TLF set up, but maybe a bit more solidly made. i wonder how the top of this comes off to refill? is it a bunch of screws? as the picture seems to indicate? that would making changing carbon and gfo a bit of a pain.

2. Click Here!

3. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

Yes, it uses screws to make a tight seal. I feel these seals are better than the TLF reactors by far. My nextreef mr1 reactor uses the same concept and it really is very simple to change carbon.

I decided to go with the reef octo bp-110 over waiting for 3-6 months for these reactors. A BRS group buy and almost 5K reward points made the difference in price much smaller.

4. O Banks

O Banks Plankton

5. dowtish

dowtish Horrid Stonefish

ooohhh.....swirly

6. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

i like the swirl, looks like no chance of clumping

7. lynnmw1208

lynnmw1208 Skunk Shrimp

how many ml can go in the standard? it says gallon capacity on their site :/

8. Click Here!

9. O Banks

O Banks Plankton

Imho you can do a liter in the standard size

10. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

i purchased one of these after having clumping issues with a tweaked TLF reactor, i got tired of cleaning the screens on the tweaked TLF.

this aquamaxx works great! the aquamaxx reactor has not clumped i have not had to open it to clean it. its a set and forget it, every time i look at it it has not changed the spinning pellets speed, and there has been no maintenance needed. now that i like!!!!!!
    also should add its well made, the plastic is not thin. and the top was very easy to take off and put back on.

11. Aaron.Herk

Aaron.Herk Sea Dragon

I Just purchase one, although it is backordered. I can't wait. What pump are you using with it?

12. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

I'm using a sicce 357gph pump. sicce are well made quiet pumps.( i like sicce pumps ) i have 250ml of ecoback bio pellets in the reactor and the pump is turned down a bit with a ball valve. aquamaxx recommends a 300gph pump for the smaller reactor. keep in mind the aquamaxx doesn't come with the ball valve. you may have to buy one if you don't have one laying around.
    i like that this company actually gets it right on what size pump to use.

did you order from marine depot? thats where i bought mine. i put in a message me when they come in stock and within 2-3 days i received a message they were in stock so i grabbed it. guess i got lucky.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
    1 person likes this.