Aquacontroller Jr. Help!

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by GraviT, Jul 4, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. GraviT

GraviT Coral Banded Shrimp

So, I finally broke down and bought an AC Jr. for my tank (new from Marine Depot, received yesterday). I spent the better part of the afternoon getting the thing programmed (roughly) and mounted to my system. Problem is, I'm not getting any output power from the DC8. The dip switches are all set to off, indicating that it should be addressable by A01 - A08. All of the timers are set to use A01 - A08. I can hear the relay in the DC8 click when I manually set the outlets to ON state, but there is no output voltage. I've checked the breaker and it's not popped out. Any ideas? :cry:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  2. Click Here!

3. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

Sorry I have no idea what would be causing that. Have you checked every outlet, and none of them are working on the entire DC8?

If you're sure everything is hooked up right it might be worth getting in touch with Marine Depot and see what their exchange policy is, or maybe even Neptune directly.

4. RemickJ

RemickJ Teardrop Maxima Clam

Did you try changing it to the manual on position rather then Auto. Maybe something with your programming. Simple question but you do have it connected to the controller right?

5. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Each DC box has a set of little white numbered switches which have to have the right "alignment" to be able to work. Read through the instructions again, you just might find your mistake.

Luna

6. GraviT

Thanks for the responses, but been there, tried that, etc.. At this point, I'm pretty sure the DC8 is defective. I gave it a whack with the heel of my palm and the outlets started working, but it only lasted about 5 minutes. Bummer...guess it's going back.

7. RemickJ

That stinks- I'm sorry to hear that. Nothing like being all excited for the arrival of a new toy and something like that happening.

8. Click Here!

9. RemickJ

Real quick- are you using the phone cord they gave you? It needs to be a 4 wire phone line or you will have issues.. I'm sure you are just thought I'd check.

10. GraviT

Oh yeah, the cord is the one that shipped with the DC8 and is 4-wire.

11. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Is the overload tripped on the unit??? Might have reset it with a smack from your hand.

12. RemickJ

How did you make out?? Did you need to have it replaced?