Apus apus

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Swisswiss, Jul 18, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

Thought i would share this with you folks. Iv come across wounded animals before but this was a first. Found her on my way back to the car after some mojitos in town. She was half under a container. Was able to get her to drink a few ml of water last night and brought her to the bird shelter this morning. I didnt notice any wounds but then again im no expert. The lady at the shelter told me once they land on the ground for whatever reason they cant take off again..

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Swisswiss

just got off the phone with the shelter....no wounds and he is doing well, once he reaches 50 grams (currently 35) he will be released. :)!

Billme and Droopster like this.
  4. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Good on ya swiss

Swisswiss likes this.
  5. Swisswiss

could not believe it when i saw her last night. noramlly its best not to meddel but she (i say she but it could well be a he) was in the middle of an urban area. my fear was cars and or drunks... :s

6. Swisswiss

and btw apprently they have a body temperature of 41 °c / 106 F. (madness!!)we have a heat wave going here in Switzerland and it may actually have been one of the reasons it was on the ground, trying to cool off....

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015