Apparently Mandarins are jumpers...

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Reef Club' started by TMartinez, May 10, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TMartinez

TMartinez Bristle Worm

I come out this morning and go to feed my main tank. I go to have a have a seat on my ottoman in front of the tank (i use it to block my son from getting to it). On the ottoman is my Mandarin. Dead and dry. Apparently during the night he jumped out of the tank and landed on the ottoman. He must have been out for a while because he was dried out and stuck to the ottoman. It's a very sad day at my house. I put alot of work into that little guy, but at least I didn't kill him [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. jbraslins

jbraslins Teardrop Maxima Clam

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

So sorry to hear of your loss

5. benbabcock

benbabcock Bubble Tip Anemone

i had one jump too. jumped from my fuge to the return in my sump. same outcome but he was still wet. sorry to hear it.

6. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

sorry. i didnt know they even jumped. thought they would just rush into the rocks when spooked

7. epsilon

epsilon Feather Star

Gosh, sorry to hear that. I'm glad you shared though, i had no clue they were jumpers either.

8. Click Here!

9. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

mandarins arent prone to jumping, so im guessing there was an underlying reason to this.

10. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

So sorry for your loss. :(

11. TMartinez

TMartinez Bristle Worm

Thank everyone. It sucks cause I spent a great deal of time and money on that fish. I made a fuge to house copepods to constantly feed him, I dosed the tank every week 2 weeks with pods as well. I also had him in a breeder net for 2 weeks and trained it to eat frozen brine, mysis and NLS pellets. He was fat and happy

I prob won't do another one just because of the work level required

12. shoebox

shoebox Bubble Tip Anemone

I had an eel for less than 18 hours it doesn't matter how long or the time you spend you had them because you liked them very much and you feel bad because you think there was something we could have done. The emotions of this hobby are like a wicked roller-coaster. Sorry for your loss.