Anyone with car knowledge here?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by norg., Mar 29, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. veedubshafer

veedubshafer Banned

2. Click Here!

3. card shark

card shark Flamingo Tongue

wow did you read that post,i never said sell your car, i basically said leave it stock and then save your money and buy a car thats made to go fast.
    read it again

4. mrstihl

mrstihl Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

skipping most of this thread, but intakes and exaust do not give performance gains that are noticable unless there is some sort of forced induction.

If you want to see an actual gain in performance other than a gradual waste in money; stroke it, supercharge it or add a NOS system.

All of the above are expensive and require a fair amount of mechanical knowledge. If you only kinda like this car then I would save your pennies and start with something you will love for 10 years or more because you will never recover the investment you put into it.

5. s10lowrider1994

s10lowrider1994 Feather Duster

While that statement is true, alot of people could care less if they get a return on their investment. Anything you do to customize or modify your car is a waste of money if you are doing it in an attempt to up the value. I have a ton of money invested in my car, as does my girlfriend. Nobody is going to give me a fraction of the 10 grand that I have in just the motor of my car, and nobody in their right mind is going to pay my girlfriend 20 thousand for her truck that kbb values at 1800. We both have tons invested in vehicles that are not valued at much but its what we like and neither will ever be sold so value does not really matter. The point is just to have fun and make it your own. If the OP has any questions or needs advice feel free to PM me, I know how it is for people to give you crap because your car isnt cookie cutter or high priced. However I build custom cars for a living, I will tell you everything has potential. People said I was nuts when I built the motor for my girlfriends truck, imagine the looks on their face when a 16 year old ex work truck blows the doors off of their Z06 Vette, or their "high performance" Mustang.

6. Jim522

Jim522 Purple Spiny Lobster

Are you kidding dude? Who are you to tell somebody that it's a waste of money to make a few improvements on HIS car that HE is very happy with? Nobody cares who "desires" his car. He likes it. That's all that matters.

Norg was looking for some advice on what mods to do on his car. I doubt he was looking for you to bash his car because YOU don't like it.

I'm sure norg is now devestated his undesirable $2000-3000 car isn't up to your standards...

7. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

A waste to who? you or him?

some one spending 1 grand on a tyree watermelon is a waste to me but it might not be to you! thus i would never say that on there thread...

8. Click Here!

9. s10lowrider1994

s10lowrider1994 Feather Duster

I'd almost do a charity build for him just to put a foot in a few peoples mouths. Not trying to be mean but some opinions are so far off and serve no purpose. Stereotypes of vehicles are for people who are either to narrow minded or not educated enough to improve on them. Anyone with an iq of 60 and 500 dollars can throw parts at a vw, and anyone can build a mustang. They are a dime a dozen though and 99% of them are not really that quick or much to look at. Most vw and mustang owners are sheep, hence why they all look and sound the same. More power to you for being different. It may take a mullet to own a GM or Ford product but it takes an ipod full of Moby and pair of white sunglasses to hop in a Gti.

1 person likes this.
  10. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

I already posted pictures. I dont see it as a waste and I could care less if you think it is. Its not your car, its not your problem. I simply asked what I could do to make my performance a bit better. Im not asking what to do to make this into a drag racer. I know that there are better cars to use as a base for mods, but I am a 17 year old kid. This is my first car, its not necessarily about how fast this thing is, or how many girls I can get with it or something. I am doing it as a learning experience and for the pleasure I get out of working on something that could actually pay off. I dont have a huge income to pour into a new car, so I take you saying get a car that isnt a piece of crap as an insult. Plenty of people seem to agree with me on this. It is disrespectful and distastful. You dont see me putting down your tanks or insulting anything you say, calling it a "waste."

11. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

Norg bro, dont listen to the narrow minded fools :) i cant wait to see what you can do with it bud

1 person likes this.
  12. mrstihl

mrstihl Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Although I would agree with some of your previous comments, in regards to this last one; There is nothing wrong with liking something that is main stream. You like what you like for whatever reason it may be. Even though Civics with fart pipes on them annoy the crap out of me it doesn't really matter at all. All that matters is if the owner likes it.