Anyone with car knowledge here?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by norg., Mar 29, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

2. Click Here!

3. sollie7

sollie7 Millepora

kinda sad isnt it

4. card shark

card shark Flamingo Tongue

i really dont know where to start.i just read this and had put in my two cents.
    cold air intakes and exhausts and programmers DONT MAKE HORSE POWER!!!,they free up horse power that your car had from factory.i have had a few fast cars and have worked on every one of them and have had almost everyone dyoned wth proper tune.if you really want to make your better(faster) your going to need more than a programmer and intake.
    what i would do is save your money,put in a jar and keep adding to it after this winter go and find a nice mustang,camaro,VW anything VR6 or 1,8turbo.no civics or small four bangers they need way to much money to make FAST!!.Go to your local drag strip and see what people run,if you dont have one local plan weekend to a super chevy show,NMRA event,or import drags.dont take any of this wrong way.need any advise let me know.JOE

5. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

Cardshark did you not read the part where he said hes happy with his car and he cant get another one nor does he want another one?

6. veedubshafer

veedubshafer Banned

Those years of the Cougar were pretty junky cars. I used to work in auto parts and we sold ALOT of parts for that model. Especially consider how many you see on the road which isn't much. They only made them from 98-02 I believe. The 170hp 6cyl version that you have is probably decently quick though.

7. veedubshafer

veedubshafer Banned

If you buy the 'stang or camaro you need to grow a mullet though. Also, I have owned a 24v VR6 6speed GTI, 1.8t 5sp GTI and a 2.0t in my Passat now and I wouldn't even want the older engines anymore - the 2.0t just feels so good and pulls just as hard as my VR. And for 400-500 bucks you can chip it and make it really rip.

8. Click Here!

9. patrick824

patrick824 Montipora Digitata

with all due respect guys, norg wants ideas of what he can do to his car, so lets give im options and ideas! lets NOT tell him he should get a new car, or how its junky, or how it isnt the car YOU would have gotten. lets face it, he doesnt care one bit about what car you would get. he wants ideas and opinions how how to make his car better, so lets stay positive and help him out.

10. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Yeah, if you want to do a full stereo upgrade, the best factory systems a re a PITA to deal with with all those remote amps. You are better off rewiring the entire stereo.

I personally don't buy subs bigger than 10" myself. I never heard a 12 that sounded good with punchy bass. I also like sealed boxes:)

Also, only camaro drivers have mullets. Mustang guys don't.

11. veedubshafer

veedubshafer Banned

Thats the problem. Every cent he throws into that thing is a waste. Its a $2000-3000 car that mainly nobody desires, especially modified. How about some pics of this thing.

12. veedubshafer

veedubshafer Banned

Nah yo!

[​IMG]