Anyone with car knowledge here?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by norg., Mar 29, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

yea the 8 inch L7s are sick 450rms for an 8 inch sub is sick

2. Click Here!

3. Jim522

Jim522 Purple Spiny Lobster

No prob, man. I thought it was a little uncalled for.

I've always been a "be thankful for what ya got" kinda guy. I think it's cool that you're proud of what you have, especially since you worked for it.

Ha, I remember my first vehicle..a beat up '95 Ford Ranger 3.0L 5-speed. Ahhh, good memories in that thing.

Have fun with it, dude. You're 17 and it's your first car. And always remember...chicks dig guys with scars and cars.

4. oceanparadise1

Telling some one young who just got there first car and is excited about it to get a new one is like telling some one who just got a new tank to get not bother stocking it or to some one who got there first frag that they should return it bc its ugly.....def distasteful....

btw get a pioneer deck they rockkkk

5. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Haha, very true. Cars and scars. Well said. My friend has a ranger and I actually love it. A nice size for a small truck.

Nice analogy! Haha. I have a Kenwood currently and am very happy with it. Except for some reason, whenever I start my car, or hit a hard bass drop it says call and has to be reset. Its only a button press or two and then its good to go again. Not totally sure what is going on there. Have to dig out the manual. What is your take on subs OP? What would be a good all around 12' sub? I want to bump hard, keep that in mind. Haha.

6. patrick824

patrick824 Montipora Digitata

You COULD go insane, be my hero, and get a Kicker Solo-X with a 5000w amp :)

it almost seems like the sudden surge of electricity is making your alternator mad... hence the restarting of the deck.

7. oceanparadise1

i like jl audios....and its most likely a lose wire some where behind the deck

8. Click Here!

9. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

I havent had any problems with my alternator and I just replaced my battery a few months ago with a high quality one and on occasion just my speakers can hit bass drops that will dim my headlights and even turn my deck off momentarily. I can pump some serious bass stock. Gotta love the special edition Cougar with all Bose sound system. Ill check that out though. Not the biggest of deals but it can get pretty annoying.

10. patrick824

thats odd... and you say its all stock? shouldnt be doing that. still seems like alt to me

11. oceanparadise1

Its stock but its not pat, they came with an after market deck with no amps built in bc of the bose system. The amp for the speakers is under the passanger seat. Could be lose wires in either causing the deck to reset thus needing to do what u have to do to turn it back on.

If you do change out the deck you will have to rewire the whole car. The speakers ahve to be replaced either way if u change out the deck, after that theres two ways to do it either A add a four channel amp and switch it with the current stock amp or B rewire all the speakers to the new deck.

You have to change the speakers and amp due to it running off different ohms then after maket stuff, its stupid

12. patrick824

ah i see... kinda like my acura with the bose speakers and #$@$% stock amp