Anyone with car knowledge here?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by norg., Mar 29, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sollie7

sollie7 Millepora

haha

2. Click Here!

3. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Haha. Thanks for your help. Im almost ready to be done too. This has been getting out of hand for a while now.

4. Jim522

Jim522 Purple Spiny Lobster

I apologize norg. My fault dude. :oops:I'm a nice guy...just never know when to keep my mouth shut. Didn't mean to make a big deal out of your thread.

5. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

No problem dude!
    Had a good heated arguement going on there for a while. Haha. But I would be nice to get this thread back on track. Atleast until someone else decides to say my car is a piece.

1 person likes this.
  6. sollie7

sollie7 Millepora

dont let the haters get to you

I say just do the stereo and go from there who cares as long as you like it and you're sure this is the car you want

7. divott

divott Giant Squid

just read this thread. and not gonna comment on anything said , mostly not worth it.

just wanted to say, thats a very nice , clean looking car you have norg. excellent car for a fellow your age. i think its cool, that you want something a bit different , and want to put your own touches on it. and the thing is , you could end up keeping this car for a long time , even after you get a few more bucks behind you and even if youve bought something newer. have this as your cruising car kinda thing. good luck to you, i know you will make it totally awesome and yours.

guy

8. Click Here!

9. s10lowrider1994

s10lowrider1994 Feather Duster

Good advice. People will hate on anything that is different or not appealing to their certain taste. There is more then one type of car in the world for a reason. If you decide to go big on the sound system, be sure to use alot of sound deadener, those newer Cougars like to rattle.

10. veedubshafer

veedubshafer Banned

Yes, but the GTI has been made from 1974-present and the Cougar was only 98-02. Well, they had a bunch of different cars called Cougar but they were nothing like this one.

There must be a reason VW keeps making them after 36 years and they sell at great rates at a rediculously high price and the Cougar only lasted 4 years. Heck, back when they first came out the interest of that type of car was so minimal who thought they would have made it. It was and always be the first car in the hot hatch segment.

11. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

The Cougar has been around since 1967. Yes, it has gone through some changes over the years, but it was in production from 1967-2002.
    This version of the cougar was a shortened Ford contour ( european mondeo), but before that there were all RWD cars. Ford put an "expiration date" on the contour chassis and went ahead with the fusion after that. So it was more or less a means to keep the historic cougar name around a few more years. That version of the cougar cost ford little to make. The cougar was never sold in Europe. The GTI has a niche that always will be in demand due to the euro segment. It's not apples to apples in that regard.

The current GTI can be had for 24k, pretty cheap if you ask me for such a fun car.

Plus, the Germans are a very stubborn group (trust me, I'm German) and they do things the way they want to and eventually people conform. LOL

12. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

did anyone mention fluffy dice and an airhorn?

No?

Good!

Steve

1 person likes this.