Anyone with car knowledge here?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by norg., Mar 29, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. veedubshafer

veedubshafer Banned

Considering the 24v VR6 makes 200hp/200ft lbs tq. from the factory I would say it shows you don't know you arse from a hole in the ground about the car. It really doesn't bother me considering I don't even own it anymore. I knew you didn't like it so I bought something better. Not that you'd really like my Passat because you're obviously mad at the world for hating you.

High performance tail lights - no, just smoked versions of the factory Hella's

16" racing wheels - considering they are 18x8.5" German made Zenders that weigh a ton I wouldn't call them racing wheels.

1/4 mile time - ???? it wasn't for drag racing - thats what the blown alchohol and nitrous burning camaro is for.

2. Click Here!

3. veedubshafer

veedubshafer Banned

Honestly, you make a good point. They're both front wheel drive V6 powered compact cars. The build quality of the VW is alot better but other than that it is the same type of car. I have never driven the V6 powered cougar but have driven the 4cyl. It's nothing like the GTI. I would compare the feel of the car to maybe the older VW's from 85-92. Which is good but just behind the times.

4. Jim522

Jim522 Purple Spiny Lobster

You're absolutely right, I don't know much about that car. Not much about it sparks my interest. Looks like a toy I could pick up and put in the bed of my truck.

No, not a Passat fan either. My great-grandmother loves hers though.

And yes, I do cry myself to sleep every night because "I'm obviously mad at the world for hating me".

I wasn't saying any of those things because I thought it would bother you. Just trying to prove a point. I know you really don't care what I think about your car. Especially when I have negative things to say about it. The same way I doubt norg cares what you think about his car. You're trying to bash a 17 year old kids first car because you think yours is so much better. Personally, I think his is a much better looking car. I'm not trying to be a jerk, it just bugs me to see people get talked down to. If you think that car you drive is better than his, that's great. Just keep it to yourself ;).

1 person likes this.
  5. veedubshafer

veedubshafer Banned

Atleast your great grandma has SOMETHING to brag about because it sure ain't you.

You're just too embarassed to tell people on here what kind of truck you have. :tongue3:

6. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Props for backing up your words. Nice little car. I honestly dont know much about them, so Im not going to say anything to put yours down. I think you should try the same. Just stop hating on the fact that my car isnt a VW or whatever you think it should be. I dont want to hear anymore of you bashing on my car, it isnt yours and you shouldnt care. I asked a few simple questions because I wanted to learn from someone who has more experience than I do, instead you dominated this thread by putting down my car. Trying to be respectful, its hard, but im trying.

Grow up. Your getting this from someone who is almost half your age. Kinda sad isnt it?

7. Jim522

Jim522 Purple Spiny Lobster

Nothing to brag about at all :p. I have two trucks. A red '98 Dodge Ram 1500 V-8 extended cab. Just a work truck pretty much. Use it to haul yard crap to the dump or pull boats with. Looks pretty redneck with a diamond plate toolbox in the bed on 20's. I've had it for about 6 years now, still runs like a champ. Almost 200K miles on it.

The other a blue '04 Dodge Ram 4-door. It's in good shape, just got it a couple years ago. The "family car" I guess. Enough room in the back for my twin daughter's car seats. Although I do want to trade that one in for an SUV. Probably a Surburban or Yukon XL. But that won't be until the closing on the house I'm trying to but is over.

8. Click Here!

9. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Thanks for accepting the reality of the situation. Both are FWD "hot hatches".

I don't recall many issues the cougars of that age had, versus the well documented issues that the VW's have.

I love VW's. especially GTI's, but they have their issues that are hard to refute. I still think they are an awesome car that is fun as hell to drive.

As a matter of fact, a GTI was the first car I got to experience the autobahn on. The second was an M5.

10. s10lowrider1994

s10lowrider1994 Feather Duster

Nice to see such adults posting. I think some of my words got taken the wrong way. Not bashing mainstream cars or any for that matter. I just thought the comments to a 17 year old about his first car were out of line especially coming from the people that said them. It's not like anyone who said negative things has anything to brag about. Funny veedub would post a pic of the Stanley & Weiss machine, theyre a local team from 30 minutes west of myself. If you are in fact related to John which I highly doubt, I'll make sure to tell him his relative has a big mouth next time I run into him at an adrl event.

11. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Yes, some of your words could have been chosen more wisely, but we got your point. Since you did not choose to list your age in your profile, most of us have no clue how old you are, so we take a look at the exact verbiage used to ascertain your age.

12. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

your right on these mods dont make horsepower. the stock cpu settings and stock air intake, exhaust etc.. all do restrict hp. but HP is "gained" over stock/factory setup, and it is dyno proven fact. he might not drop a turbo or supercharger or even no2 in this car. but little bolt-on mods will give him a little help with acceleration and make him feel like his car is a little nicer to drive and own. my 2 cents. I'm done on this thread! lol