Anyone with Anemone Experince

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Bunner, Mar 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Bunner

Bunner Bubble Tip Anemone

has anyone tried to keep bubble tip anemones? have you had success? How long did it live for?

fill me in! I've read alot of articles and books that say they should stay on the reef.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. ontop27

ontop27 Ritteri Anemone

I would try being more specific to the type of anemone that your looking to keep, and you might get more responses. But heres a bump back up

4. Bunner

opps bubble tip anemones!

5. fish-aholic 94

fish-aholic 94 Gigas Clam

But that’s just my $.02

6. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

I've kept Rose BTA's with great success for 3+ years still have my original one and have sold several of it's clones

My advice: Consistent temps and Nitrate levels, 0 nitrates are not something you want with BTA's I.M.E.

Good lighting but not overdoing it, you don't necassarily need MH I keep T5's and make sure to change my bulbs every 6 months

7. colodan

colodan Fire Shrimp

I've had one for over 2 years now, I may be lucky though. If you purchase a healthy one your chance for success greatly improves. you need to do a lot of research on their proper care and tank requirements. They need strong lighting and good water quality, and keep in mind, they do tend to move all over the tank until the find a spot they like, possibly killing any corals in their path, or could get sucked up in a powerhead.

8. Click Here!

9. vegasfish

vegasfish Feather Star

Well I've had a purple tip hattian in my tank for three weeks. He was looking real bad last week now I can't find him. Everything else in my tank is very healthy. And water conditions are right on. So I won't be getting another one. As with everything in this hobby some people just have better luck than others. If you want one get it they are not expenssive. They are neat to watch and you may be the lucky one.

10. Bunner

hmm ok large variances here. im debating...

what do you guys feed them other than silversides? mysis?

11. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

It sounds like you either bought a poor specimen or your tank wasn't ready for an anemone.

12. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010