Anyone using Coralvue bulbs?

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by omard, Jan 2, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. acropora

acropora Astrea Snail

They now have a completely new line of bulbs which are better designed and still affordably priced.I am running 12000K Coralvue bulbs on my new 450. They can also be found at www.acropora.net

2. Click Here!

3. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

I just bought the 250 watts coral vue ballast and 15000 watt bulbs. Not hooked up yet but really stoked.
    I thought the PFO ballast burned the bulbs out quicker? Scott how are yours holding up?
    The Coral Vue ballast is no bigger then my hand and that surprised me some.

4. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Oh you can get 2 coralvue bulbs shipped to your door for $100 from Captive reefs. Must PM him here at 3reef to get this deal.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

[quote author=Nautilus link=board=lighting;num=1073047638;start=0#11 date=05/14/04 at 20:05:10]I just bought the 250 watts coral vue ballast and 15000 watt bulbs. Not hooked up yet but really stoked.
    I thought the PFO ballast burned the bulbs out quicker? Scott how are yours holding up?
    The Coral Vue ballast is no bigger then my hand and that surprised me some.[/quote]

6. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Anthony did you have a question?

7. acropora

acropora Astrea Snail

The Coralvue ballast is an electronic ballast that measures 7" x 3 1/2"x 2 1/2". Coralvue has a completely new line of designed bulbs that are currently available in 10000K.This new design will soon be available in 14000k and 20000K. Some dealers are selling the older bulbs at discount prices. I have upgraded from the 12000K 250's to the new 400 watt 10000 k bulbs. I am very pleased with the color rendition which has a slight cast of blue.

8. Click Here!

9. captivereefs

captivereefs Feather Duster

Here is a pic of the new CoralVue pendants shown with a mogul bulb. The 250 watt version with bulb and electronic ballast retails for $300

[​IMG]

10. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

[quote author=acropora link=board=lighting;num=1073047638;start=15#15 date=05/15/04 at 05:53:11]The Coralvue ballast is an electronic ballast that measures 7" x 3 1/2"x 2 1/2". Coralvue has a completely new line of  designed bulbs that are currently available in 10000K.This new design will soon be available in 14000k and 20000K. Some dealers are selling the older bulbs at discount prices. I have upgraded from the 12000K 250's to the new 400 watt 10000 k bulbs. I am very pleased with the color rendition which has a slight cast of blue.[/quote]

I got my 250 watt ballats and 15000 bulbs directly from Coralvue and was told they are the new product line.
    The size does not look like 7 inches to me and looking at the photo with it in my hand it is no more then 5.5 inches long.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Looks great Naut. Is that a fan in the Ballast? Have you fired it up yet. And exactly what is this for? The 80G or are you starting a new tank???

J

12. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

J
    This is for the 80 gallon tank and any future tank I will get using. I have not found the time to fire them up yet.
    It will be some time before I can build the new canopy for them.
    Yes the new ballasts from Coralvue have a fan in them.

Coral Vue 250 Watt Electronic Ballast. Cool Running,Energy effecient Electronic metal halide Balllast.  Coral Vue ballasts are themally protected with an auto shut off to protect the ballast from overheating. Comes with a 3 year warranty.