Anyone used Marco Rocks?

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by GuitarMan89, Nov 21, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

I placed a pre-order with marco rocks for 25lbs of fiji base rock. I was actually a preorder. I was under the impression that it would not be that long before my shipment would ship. Well two weeks later I attempted to contact them so that I could cancel my order. I have attempted multiple times to contact them by email and by phone but to no avail. My question is whether anyone here has bought from them before and if they experienced any problems with their order or communication with them. thanks

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

I've ordered from them before but took no communication I ordered stuff that was in stock and it showed up about a week later, I did complain about their packaging though alot of the rock I got was busted up cause their boxing methods sucked

4. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I'm going to assume you made your purchase over the phone or internet and used a credit card to pay for the rock. Call your credit card company and explain what's going on and ask them to stop or reverse the charge.

1 person likes this.
  5. railroader46

railroader46 Skunk Shrimp

I purchased 120 pounds of base rock from them about two months ago and I didn't have a problem. My order came packed on a as skid.

6. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

Don't know why I didn't think of this, thanks for advice

7. jackfrost

jackfrost Plankton

The guy is a pain to deal with.

He has a great product, but here is how he works.

He only orders small qty's of rock, and try's to leverage as much customer capital as possible to pay for it.

If you happen to order at the begining of a "collection" period, you are screwed. If your in the middle, end, you are OK.

Again, I have ordered from him three times, and only actually received one order. The rock was very good. Not great packaging, so if you are far from him, expect rubble vs solid rock ration to vary.

Here are some rules to follow when ordering from him.

1. Always use Paypal. Why ? because Paypal will cancel the order in your favor if a vendor has not shipped the product within two weeks (Love it !) This gives you great control verses a Credit Card.

2. Look at his web site and see if ther is an excpeted delivery date. If you are less than two weeks or have just missed the last delivery date ... forget it. Look elsewhere. If you are three to four weeks away, go for it.

This what has worked for me and sveral of my area friends.

8. Click Here!

9. Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Whisky Tango Foxtrot Skunk Shrimp

I had just placed an order within the past couple days for 50lbs of figi for my 40 gallon. luckily im about 30 miles from the man so hopefully I wont see much breakage! I know there expecting the shipment very soon but its a very vague time frame.You are right though, its nearly impossible to get a hold of someone to talk too. Ive been hounding them about my order status, just trying to keep them on their toes.

10. jbaker

jbaker Feather Duster

I was thinking about ordering from him but from the sound of it, it would be more of a hassle than anything else. I'll go elswhere until he gets his business figured out and there are positive comments about customer service. I don't know about you guys but I work to hard for the little bit of money I'm able to scrape together after bills are paid to take a chance with an unreliable supplier.

11. APC

APC Gigas Clam

I ordered some rock two days ago...and got notification that it shipped today. Not sure what condition it will be in though...Ill post when I get it. I am not too worried about it honestly as I am truly using it for base rock. Going to cover it with Live rock from www.liverocksandmore.com in the next few weeks. So even if it is somewhat broken up, it will still make a good base.

12. Beamerhack

Beamerhack Coral Banded Shrimp

I ordered 75 pounds of Florida base and I love it.