Anyone try New Era Algae Pellets? How do you feed

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by jdameli1, Aug 23, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jdameli1

jdameli1 Torch Coral

I was walking around my LFS today and saw they started carrying new era, There was a guy there promoting it and said it was really great for tangs. I remember something from reefbuuilders a while ago about them

Got home threw some in the tank and it just sinks. The fish absolutely went nuts though and loved it.

has anyone come up with a better way to feed it since I have some finicky ones that wont go to the bottom to eat

And any thoughts on the New Era line, it is a bit more expensive than most but I have never seen a reaction like that

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. coastal082

coastal082 Plankton

I bought some New Era as well. marine pellets and algae pellets. I have never saw my fish go that crazy for food! For my fincky eaters I smash some pellets together (bc theyre soft) like a piece of paper so it "floats" down to the bottom the fish pick at it as it sinks slowly..Great stuff!

4. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

This is great info. I've never heard of this brand of food. I will have to look for it!

5. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

You can "squoosh" it onto the glass so they can pick at it.