Anyone ordered livestock online or J&L?

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by chrischick, Apr 25, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. chrischick

chrischick Astrea Snail

Has anyone ordered livestock from this site....and how did you fair?
    www.jlaquatics.com

Here is my issue....I want a yellow tang, 2 cleaner shrimp 10 more blue legged hermits, and a emerald crab in the future...I can pay

30$ for two cleaner shrimp
    10$ emerald crab
    12.90$ for 10 hermits
    24.95 for yellow tang
    from this site+50$ shipping which im splitting with a friend....or my lfs prices listed below

120$ for two cleaner shrimp
    40$ emerald crab
    33$10 blue legged hermits
    80$ yellow tang now it is nice buying fro my lfs because i can pick which fish i want..and they are all very healthy......but jebus,,he wants a bloody fortune for everything...Im just very weary to buy all this stuff online...What kind of experience do you guys have online????And what do you think of this site????I have ordered my salt mix as well as my PC setup from them and couldnt be happier...quick service...and packed AMAZINGLY well....just scared of buying fish that have a long trip ahead of them like that....What do you guys think I should do?

I have 2 ocellaris tank raised clowns, and a firefish goby as well in my tank...water levels are spot on..tank has been running for montha nd a half...

2. Click Here!

3. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

$120 for cleaner shrimp! WOW thats high.Whatd he do dive for them himself.We get those around here for about 8 bucks each! Id definately order on line.Try this place called pet solutions .com.Ive heard theyer pretty good.

4. chrischick

chrischick Astrea Snail

None of those places in the states will ship to Canada..they need a special licence to ship across the border..that is the only mail order place i can pretty much find in canada...that looks most reputable.

5. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

For that pricing that's what I would go with!

6. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I'm Local for J&L and the Guys are great.  I've heard nothing but good things about there shipping.  I have how ever heard some poor reports on thier responces time when ordering.
    not to put you onto other sites , but you will get better answers from Canadian forums (as people in the US can not buy Live stock from Canada and we can not from the US.)
    Some sites to ask your question:
    http://www.canreef.com
    http://www.aquariumpros.ca
    There is another one is Ottawa but I would send anyone there I can't even remember the name.
    I was @ J&L's today  Some really sweet looking Clams and the fish look great.  There was a Yellow eyed Kole Tang that you should get  Really nice.

Good luck and if you have any questions PM me

Jason

7. chrischick

chrischick Astrea Snail

I will get it if you think it would be alright in a 55 gallon for a year...or so...im upgrading to a 300 within th enext year.:D

8. Click Here!

9. Malachi

Malachi Sea Dragon

Ouch, that is insane! I gripped about paying $18.00 ffor my cleaner shrimp.

10. reefman_MC

reefman_MC Aiptasia Anemone

The cheapest I can find cleaners around here(SC) is 40$ per pair. This guy only sells them in pairs. The other LFS wants 84$ each for small ones.

11. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

My LFS sells Red Skunk Cleaners for $20 - $25 each.

12. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

J&L's $14.95 CAN.

Gotta love'em

J