Anyone Know?

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by Bruce, Jun 14, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

hello all, i am thinking of finally getting serious about fraging my xenias, i have 2 kinds they r doing great and i was wondering how much $$ to charge for maybe a frag the size of idk like 3 in tall and 1 in wide with like 10 polyps?...thats the light pink kind i have a darker pink that is much bigger, kinda a different shape, thats why its bigger...lol anyone :)

2. Click Here!

3. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

How much to charge whom? Individuals or LFS?

My LFS gives me about half what he would sell for.

Depending on your area, you may not even be able to give some types of xenia away! LOL!

Sometimes , you can trade it for something you want! Have you found a local Reef club yet?

4. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

individuals, LFS here try to ripe me off, i showed them a large xenia colony, not frag, they were like...we get it for cheaper than $5...u know i might buy that...if they ever...EVER get xenia, i have never seen xenia at that store lol...but im trading and selling, to individuals :)

5. NUHTTY

NUHTTY Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

The price of a coral is dependant on the buyer. Find someone in your area who is looking for xenia and maybe trade with them.

Many people use xenia in their refugiums as well.

6. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Los Angeles is loaded it Xenia, you might have a hard time selling it. Your local clubs trade it like it's candy :D FWIW, Tong's sure had a load the other day when I went by ;)

7. Speedy

Speedy Fire Shrimp

um.... if you look around some of the older posts theres a thread on here on shipping livestock. Gresh must've put that up for me.

Use that, Ebay, and Frags.org is great.