Anyone know about this salt....

Discussion in 'Salt' started by cosmo, Jun 23, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

and would you use it? It came with my recent tank upgrade. Its 5 YEARS old, but still seems fine and sealed properly, not hard like its absorbed moisture.

Thanks for the help if you've ever used it in the past;)

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. Bustopher

Bustopher Skunk Shrimp

4. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

I believe they are, but haven't opened them yet.

I read up on it, just feel uneasy about it, so kinda wanting talked into using it, if its a good idea;)

5. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

If it's still sealed, I'd use it. All the other brands have made the same false claims about trace elements, and they still work. :D

Seriously though, what would it hurt? They all support marine life equally, and there won't be any problems with switching back to your favorite brand with normal routine water changes.

2 people like this.
  6. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Thx Mr bill, kinda figure it is safe as long as it was sealed, just starting out this new upgrade and want to dot my i's and cross my t's. Thought I had plenty of salt for it but misjudged, and new salt won't be here till tuesday. I think i'll sprinkle some of this in. Just wandering about the little liquid supplement that comes in it now, no clue if that is any good. not gonna use it, just curious about the thoughts. Thanks again;)

7. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I think that is a good idea not using the liquid supplements as they may have become unstable by now. I agree salt is salt otherwise.

8. Click Here!

9. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

Worldwide, Aquacraft salt is a major player, but not here in the US where it is made. Their salt is one of the best made! For me, the problem is that it is extremely expensive. That might not deter small tank users but may for those with large tanks. The bigger problem is that the owner has turned a lot of people off in the US based on his marketing practices of putting down other brands. That is a big no-no it this business as it is a sure way to turn people off. The owner has been called arrogant but I feel he is just is just confident that he has a good product. I do however, like others disagree with his marketing approach but it is his business and I won't tell him how to run it. I actually like listening to him talk because he is very knowledgeable.

1 person likes this.
  10. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

To give you an idea on the price, that 50g bag is $39.49

11. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

wow, thanks for the awesome info guys. And wow, that is pricey!

Think I'll mix this salt in with some of my new salt and use it. Thanks again everyone, always amazed at the wealth of knowledge ya get on here. i should be used to it by now, but still always impressed;)

12. Bustopher

Bustopher Skunk Shrimp

Looks like the salt mix has the normal stuff in it and the bottle is a magical booster. So, using just the salt is fine.