anyone have this book?

Discussion in 'Books & Magazines' started by amatta1989, Sep 10, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. amatta1989

amatta1989 Astrea Snail

my friend sent me this link for this book because were building an aquarium for his new apartment and I was wondering if anyone has this book and if it was worth getting?
    I am probly gonna order it anyway because its only 37$ seems like a good value with the 3 books that come with it as well as a gift, but some input would be nice... anyone read it?
    Salt Water Aquarium Advice

2. Click Here!

3. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

I've never read it.....sorry

Moved to books and magazines forum

4. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

I dont buy it, bc theres no such thing as a secert ultimate weapon to make this hobby easy, never heard of that book and i stoped reading as soon as i read the first couple of lines

5. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Web page reads like a cheap, cheesy 2am infomercial, lol. While I have no experience with these books, my gut tells me to avoid them. Could be worse than Saltwater Aquariums for Dummies, and I thought that was impossible.
    I recommend "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" if you need a book. But in all honesty, why get a book when you have access to places like 3Reef? ;)

6. amatta1989

amatta1989 Astrea Snail

true lol but i guess he wants to do some good reading before. He wants to get a tank from 85-100gal reef tank and i told him it was no simple task and that a lot of effort has to be put in. once i said that he went on the book hunting spree lol

7. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

That book will not be a good reading. the book stated above by pack is a GREAT read, or any book by anthony calfo is a good read as well. I would not waste your money there.

8. Click Here!

9. amatta1989

amatta1989 Astrea Snail

ok cool thanks for the advice ill let my buddy know.
    also check out my thread on my planted tank i put some pics in it of my new fire eel and electric blue haps
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/planted-tank/my-new-29gal-planted-tank-71597.html