Anyone growing SPS under powercompacts?

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by MacnReef, Mar 5, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MacnReef

MacnReef Fire Shrimp

I have 240W of powercompacts (pc) and I have a montipora cap and a montipora digata. Anyone else growing sps under pc and if you are, how about pics and info on the tank.

Thanx

2. Click Here!

3. MacnReef

MacnReef Fire Shrimp

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Visit Ocean Blue up where you are??? off goldenrod and university... Tell Vinn, Uncle Slappy says hello, he knows who I am

US

5. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

the fs i go to she swears by pcs. she does have some mhs in the 125s she has but any of the other tanks she only has pcs in them and she has a big variety of corals in them. plus her display nano ia all pc and its loaded with corals of all types.

6. MacnReef

MacnReef Fire Shrimp

Slappy, I know Vinn personally! He has a nice store....btw, that is where I got that cap pictured above!

7. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

The last store I worked at only had pc's for their sps tank. I've been using them for 4 years now on my tanks with loads of growth. I change my bulbs every 9 months and stagger the change. I have 145watts(2x 65 - 1x 15w) of pc on my 30g and you should see the growth of my pavona. He's grown several inches over a year span.

8. Click Here!

9. Mauireefer

Mauireefer Astrea Snail

Slappy, I know Vin too, I worked at OCean Blue for a long time, when Russel and Rudy were there, Thats where I got my eel, and everything else while I lived in Otown

Jared