Anyone ever used this?

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by swinkreptiles, Dec 4, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. swinkreptiles

swinkreptiles Melanarus Wrasse

Went to a freinds house today and he gave me a bottle of Microbe-Lift for Reef and Marine tanks to get rid of Ick. It says its all natural and what ive found of reviews on , doesnt hurt inverts or coral. Jw has anyone ever used this stuff in thier reef tank? I have alot of money just in coral and inverts including nems, cant really afford to lose anything.
    Ty in advance.

2. Click Here!

3. BananaBoat

BananaBoat Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I wouldn't use it in your tank. Do you have a quarantine tank?

4. swinkreptiles

No qt tank, no room. I dont want to run the risk of killing a fish with chemicals. The fish that have it are eating great and act like nothing is wrong. They just got it after i done the transfer from my 55 to 75.

5. BananaBoat

Did you transfer them at the same time? Normally in the wild, an animal will hide it's pain to survive. If it shows weakness, it has the worst chance of survival. What type of fish has the ich, what are you feeding it, and what tank mates does it have?

6. nicodim55

nicodim55 Coral Banded Shrimp

Yes I have used Herbtana and I have a mixed reef and it worked when I had the ich breakout. It is all natural and it's not an ich removal but an immune enhancing stimulant. It supports the fish's immune system, driving off the excess parasites. It's like an anti-biotic.

7. BananaBoat

Oh, that clears things up. Never put anything in the tank that has copper. If you use the antibiotic, feed the fish vitamin enriched foods to aid in strengthening the immune system.

8. Click Here!

9. swinkreptiles

I have been feeding formula 2, it is a Blue Hippo and a Kole tang that has the Ick. My Male Maroon Clown had a small outbreak until I introduced his LTA and hasnt had any signs since. I have been giving macro algae to the tangs aswell. I got the Kole tang about 2 weeks ago and since then he has showed progression in the problem til about two days ago. Seems to have gone fairly quickly off of him. The Blue hippo I got just two days ago and he came in with the ick already on him. There has really been no probs out of him though, he acts like he is just fine, no rubbing or scratching on the rocks and he eats like a champ on the formula two. Hasn't touched the macro though.

I will add the Microbe Lift tonight and see how things go.....Thanks for the reply!

10. BananaBoat

Try feeding him seaweed on a clip. They sell seaweed with a garlic coating(the stuff they wrap sushi in), and there's a myth about it saying that the garlic improves the immune system. I'd stop the algae in all and go with seaweed. A lot healthier for the fish in my opinion. :)

11. nicodim55

nicodim55 Coral Banded Shrimp

it's a 10 day dosage make sure you follow the directions to the T and also, if you have a skimmer you need to turn it off for the whole 10 days.

12. BananaBoat

^^^ +1 and any carbon you may have needs to come out.