Anyone else concerned about rising gas prices?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by leighton1245, Apr 22, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. nightster

nightster Pajama Cardinal

Well I drive a crew cab Z71 its getting an avg of 16.1 mpg and I drive 45 miles one way to work. I hate these prices right now, I'm gonna try and get rid of the truck for a 6 speed c6. I say its for better gas mileage but I we all know the real reason lol.

2. Click Here!

3. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

lol doesnt a C6 get like 22-24 mpg max? Nice car though 0-60's arent to bad either :p

4. Prince_Namor

Prince_Namor Astrea Snail

On my way to go look at that civic now....... :p

5. nightster

nightster Pajama Cardinal

Lmao yea something like that, if I can keep my foot out of it. Still better than 16 though...

6. K3rack

K3rack Peppermint Shrimp

I have a 4.7L and these prices suck!! The worst part is where I live is one of the most expensive places in US to buy gas, but they process and make gas only 50 miles away :| Doh!

7. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

Haha. I feel your pain. Last fall I sold my F-150 and bought a used Colorado Z71 AND a used Canyon off road instead of buying one new full sized pickup. They both get 20-22 mpg.

8. Click Here!

9. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

My Ford F150 [STRIKE]gets[/STRIKE] got 15 mpg downhill with a tailwind. I'm working 100 miles from home, and continue to do so because I work for a contractor who pays for my inconvenience. Yet driving that pickup truck, gas was running $50/day, or $200/week for my 4-day week. That's why I switched to a less thirsty crossover. It's American; gets almost twice the mileage that my pickup truck did, and the timing was good, so I let go.

I miss my truck, and could have continued to drive it, but I thought it was the right decision to let it go.

It's kinda funny how people get so passionate about change. Conspiracy touters abound, and many are quick to place blame. Fact is, it IS what it is. Supply and demand dictates, and humanity pays the price. Gas prices will continue to rise as this country makes a most tumultous transition from fossil fuels to alternatives; but there is no wizard behind any curtain. History confirms that the market is not driven by smoke and mirrors or conspiracy or even greed as the movies would have you believe. The market is driven by what people are willing to pay. Flip through a Muscle magazine and gaze at the bottles of supplements they're peddling for $79 for a two week supply. The musclebound men and the women who appreciatively admire them in the ad is all it takes. . . .

Keep it clean (and non-political) and we can continue to express out points of view. Until then, carpool!! :)

10. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

No I totally understand, I really do. It's just that most folks do not seem to understand why we are in this pickle- it's our own fault. This has nothing to do with religion, or politics, it's about us, as a collective country of individual people- who make choices, good and bad.

We spend more, we waste more, we take more and we give more then any other country in the world, and yet we are only 3rd on the population ladder. And yet - comparred to 30 years ago- we make nothing, I dont see how this can continue.

I see things change so rapidly now a days that it is actually hard to keep up with all of it- and for me, I fear for our young kids of tomorrow, what will be their future?

We need to change things, but how to do this is what is hard to decide upon.

And thanks Matt for letting this topic ride.

11. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

Lol I get about 16-18 in my subie but more like 12 when my foots in it :p

Yeah I seen the prices in cali and that really has to be a killer the station is so far away must live in the middle to southern part of cali.

12. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

The real scary thing about rising fuel prices is the fact that they effect so much of the market prices of almost everything else.

Farmer Jone's and rancher Smith are now paying way more for the fuel they need to grow crops and raise those hamburgers you love to chew on. Same goes for everything else down to trash bags and toilet paper. It's costing more to heat the factories, fuel the factories and truck the products so the prices we pay rise. Inflation sucks.