Anyone else concerned about rising gas prices?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by leighton1245, Apr 22, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Prince_Namor

Prince_Namor Astrea Snail

I'm purchasing a hybrid Honda Civic Monday just to drive around town........ I have a 2010 Yukon Denali now....... Its like 20 dollars to go to Walmart and back!! :uzi:

2. Click Here!

3. pmoradi2002

pmoradi2002 Spaghetti Worm

4. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

Why give a crap? Will it matter?

You can do one of three things:

dont buy gasoline and walk or ride a bike

buy gasoline and deal with it

or revolt- yea you know, like our founding fathers did.

but my money is on option 2, the boston tea party died long ago, as did what they fought for.

consider this: what makes you a slave- then consider what control you have over that very thing- what will you do?

5. Ladderman155

Ladderman155 Astrea Snail

Its getting real old dumping close to 100$ in to fill her up.

6. brew0688

brew0688 Fire Shrimp

I've been spending wayy too much on gas. I hate how everyone says that the reason gas is going up is because of what is happening in Libya... they supply less than 2% of the oil we consume... does that justify a 25% price hike? Nope.

I drive a Nissan Frontier, and I love it, but it's killing me.

A few years ago, I started rebuilding a 1979 300d Mercedes 5 cylinder turbo diesel. It has a brand new motor, tranny, and read end. I just had it repainted, and I'm going to have a bio-diesel conversion done on it soon, so I can run it on cooking oil.

I used to work at a country club down the street, and they pay for their used oil to get taken away... I'm going to take it for free, filter it, (maybe through my RO/DI unit... Jk) and run my car on that!

7. gabbagabbawill

gabbagabbawill Pajama Cardinal

the gas prices are going up because the oil companies want to make more money...

as far as riding a bike, walking, etc instead of driving... I play hockey, and the closest place to play for me is at least 30-45 minutes away.... I'm not going to stop driving twice a week to keep from doing something I enjoy just because of gas prices...

Also, if you're driving far to and from work, you can always consider carpooling, moving, or finding another job.

Fortunately, my work lets me telecommute, so I am now saving money on gas by working from home...

8. Click Here!

9. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

And, no offense, there in lies the worlds problem- ease of access for the unskilled labor force vrs desire and true need. puters are easy, (yes they are easy) working on a roofing crew or a labor crew is not, nor farming......it is not.

But know this, push to far upon your labor force, push to far upon your farmers, and skilled labor- your true middle class citizen and watch what happens- the country will shut down and no one will eat, there will be no 'puters to shut down and well- the same thing-on and on, but for far different reasons. We dont need 'puter's to survive, they need us.

so what you have is a power struggle, just whom will win- we shall see.

But I say this, we can decide what we want for ourselves with the choices that we make- everyday.

And BTW, Hybrids are not the correct choice- consider why I say this before you respond (and bring knowledge with you before you do).

I don't mean to sound overly arrogant, but common sense dictates what is happening right now- and if you know past world history- you best get ready, cause it's gonna get worse.

10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Please keep it civil and tone it down.
    No politics rule here too.
    Not sure how you are going to talk about this issue without it, but it the tone gets nasty, this thread gets closed regardless.

matt

11. gabbagabbawill

gabbagabbawill Pajama Cardinal

Matt, one thing I love about this place is the lack of politics! Great job on toning it down when needed....

Alpha, I have nothing to respond to that except I don't work on computers... but of course, I understand how telecommuting isn't possible for a lot of people... that's what I meant by "fortunately, I telecommute" meaning I am fortunate and thankful in this regard. Gas prices affect me slightly less than it does other people...

Anyone who owns a car that gets good gas milage and uses it a lot, I imagine it is paying off right about now...

12. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

Well if anyone in my area wants to ride to downtown harrisburg. Ride with me as in a bike I will be starting to ride 3-4 days a week and then maybe buying a pruis lol