Anyone else concerned about rising gas prices?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by leighton1245, Apr 22, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

On the way home from the gym last night I was going to stop and get fuel but much to my suprise I look at the price of 93oct and its $4.15 a gallon when the price of oil per barrel has only risen $0.84 there is something wrong here!!! Sorry just had to vent i know its part of its my fault because I have to put 93oct in my car (cause of the tune) but dang our economy isnt going to be able to take much more of this.

Going to have to donate plasma just so i can have money to get gas so i can get to work lol :p

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

4. dweakl01

dweakl01 Astrea Snail

I'm just down the road from you, in York, and the gas prices here are just as crazy. We have ourselves to blame (unbridled consumption) and OPEC to thank (price gougers). There's no way out of it until we learn to consume less or invest in affordable alternative energy. I drive 26 miles, one way, to work. I drive alone in a fuel-efficient car, but I could fit more people in it. It's our consumption and our need to have our own cars that allows OPEC to raise prices. If we could ever find a way to lower demand, I promise you...prices will drop.

5. leighton1245

Im getting ready to move to Hershy, PA so i will be like 10 more miles away from work maybe ill just start riding my bike to work ill be better shape and wont have to do cardio at the gym lol

6. leighton1245

Sweet nice to see more people are close!! :) If you ever need some help or anything in a emergency for your tank let me know always willing to help out.

See im part of that group the concumes way to much fuel and giving OPEC tons of cash cause I drive a turboed car that is almost 400hp lol So I think to consume less for me Ill just start riding my road bicycle to work 3days a week.

7. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

IMO i dont believe that if we use less the prices will come down. i think than they will say they need to raise prices because they aren't making enough on whats being sold. finding another fuel source yes, if that happens and many start to go that direction, prices will surely drop.
    i drive a car thats a fuel consumer and wont give it up.

8. Click Here!

9. leighton1245

What kind of car you drive? Mine is a subaru (her name is EVA;D) love my car wont ever give it up but will deff find a way to save myself money. Maybe coupon clipping like the extreme couponers lol

We have started finding other fuel sources but the real issue is that oil is used for everything including plastics, lubricants and that is applied to everything that is needed to make power for ourhomes even if the plant is coal or nuclear powered and hugely dependant in windpower.

10. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

It is very frustrating when you hear politicians say we need to conserve gas....... I would like to know how we can do that? I live in St. Louis, and we have no real mass transit system here. We have metrolink (however only goes to very limited places) and bus system, however if you want to go anyplace outside the metro area, ie St Charles which is like 10miles away, it does not go to there. And the buses and metro we do have, has been cut majorily and half the routes are gone! Maybe places like New York and Chicago can conserve some gas due to their metro, but most places can not!

The only way we can fix this situation is to fix the political system and the paybacks they get from big oil company! Until then we will just have to fork it out!

11. leighton1245

I used to live in Independance, MO and your right about the public trans out there its terrible. I think cutting at the pump right now will only drive prices higher because OPEC greedy people they are still want there money so will rasie it to compensate.

12. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

by finding other fuel sources i meant for our cars. cut the oil companys out a bit. show them they arent the only game in town. something needs to be done about these prices. its not only hitting us when we drive its hitting in the oil that we heat our homes with. its making food prices rise. and who is getting rich? the oil companys. the one that had the spill. i believe i heard they had their best year ever, or was it one of their best years? how can that be? ok im getting annoyed. im done. LOL oh i drive a vette and it needs the 93 oct also, but im not annoyed enough to get rid of it..lol