Unresolved Anybody know?

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by nightster, Dec 24, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. nightster

nightster Pajama Cardinal

Well I'm getting the little guys popping up all over my live rock. Mostly inside little caves and crevices. They are small and white, best description I can give. Sponges is what comes to mind but ill be honest, I've never seen a sponge lol. Its almost dead center inside the little cave of the picture...

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. M-Ocean Man

M-Ocean Man Flame Angel

Nightster,
    Those look like sponges to me. There are many different species we find in our tanks. The one in the center of the little cave looks like a pinneapple sponge. They are great signs of healthy systems and act as filter feeders to help clean the water some.

4. element

element Fire Worm

+1 agree

5. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

It actually means you have enough nurtrients in your water to support a filter feeder. They're not a bad sign, but some horribly dirty tanks have these too, so it's actually not a sign of health. I'm not quite sure where that "cleaniness theory" first originated.

6. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

+1 agree :)

7. nightster

nightster Pajama Cardinal

Well I probably have been over feeding, I feed once everyday. Just seems like my clowns act like I never feed them, they always act like they are starving...