Any Skimmer

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by Alfaman, Nov 24, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Alfaman

Alfaman Plankton

Hi,
    Does anybody know of a skimmer that would fit my Juwel Trigon 190 tank without modifying the hood?
    The standard filter is being used along with live rock, and has been running for two months now. New to this game so hope you can help.
    Thanks.....Les ;)

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

[flash=468,60]http://www.3reef.com/fish/sitepics/threesteps3.swf[/flash]

Thanks for joining! [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

I have never heard of that aquarium, I had to look it up:

[​IMG]

Very nice! 8)

Does the glass top have a plastic strip in the back attached to the glass?
    If so, people typically cut notches in it to allow new hardware to fit. ;) :)

Otherwise, do you have a sump?

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply, that's the tank. :D Yes it does have a plastic strip at the back but the glass goes nearly to the top inside it, I could cut notches in it though. I do not have a sump, I made my own stand for the tank which is an open frame so I am unable to hide anything there. I was told that I would be able to put something in the original internal filter that would make a skimmer uneccessary, I think it was a resin filter thing. What do you think? The tank looks great the way it is so I am hoping to avoid having bits sticking out the top..........Les ;D

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

'Resin filter thing' probably isn't a substitute for a skimmer in my opinion, sounds fishy. I'd get one. A 'hang on the back' model. There are a lot of good ones out there depending on your budget. I'd start by looking at Remora Pro's or a TurboFlotor. If you find you have the room, just cut some notches and add a pump to the skimmer, and you are good to go. :)

Hey did you lose your password or something?

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi,
    I have been unable to login as it keeps coming up username does not exist. :( Thanks for the skimmer advice, Remora Pro looks cool 8) cheers...Les

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

No prob! The Remora Pro is nice and very easy to maintain.

(I sent you your username and password after I tested it. :) )