Any OTHER hobby

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by lillys Grandad, Sep 15, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cannedmulder

cannedmulder Teardrop Maxima Clam

I collect bears and mooses to decorate my house. I collect pens in general but they have to fit my hand just right and write really well. I scrapbook, like taking pics, fishing, hiking, biking and spending time with my family. I also collect pets.....on going total so far?.....5 cats, 1 dog (just had one put down less than a month ago), 6 land hermit crabs, 3 fish tanks with frogs, shrimp, fish, and whatever else can go in a tank. I would love a bird but I don't think we have the time right now for a bird!

2. Click Here!

3. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Birds do take a lot of time. It's like having a rat or a ferret. You have to give them a lot of attention. My sister-in-law does the bird thing. She has allllll sorts in her house. It is amazing. There is one that plays the biting game with me. It is a good sized bird with a beak that can comforably (for him) fit over my thumb. He bites just hard enough for me to say "OW", and then he does it again....his beak never leaving my thumb, I say OW again. We play this game until I can't stand the pain anymore and tap him on the head so he lets go. It does hurt, but he has never drawn blood. Kind of a warped game.....but everyone seems to enjoy it.....especially my kids.

I don't let him onto my shoulder anymore, because he started playing the OW game with my ear. Not acceptable.

4. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

HA HA HA ^ You lose! Bird wins! :laugh5: That is too funny

5. homegrowncorals

homegrowncorals Ribbon Eel

Here are just a few of my hobbies many others i do not have pictures of.

garden railroading

[​IMG]

radio control planes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

honey bees

[​IMG]

fixing old boats and fishing

[​IMG]

doing computer mods

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. conjuay

conjuay Feather Duster

Feed it lizard eating cats, I expect...;)

7. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

I used to do astronomy. When I was 12, I got a "loaner" POS 6 inch reflector (dob) that I used for about three years, then that went back and I got another loaner....an eight inch Schmidt-Cass... that was sweet. I loved that unit. I used that for a few years and it went back. I went without for about ten years and finally bought a 10.5" dobsonian that was my mainstay for ten years until it was stolen (with quite a few plossls:cry:). In a few years, when my kids get a little older I will probably pick up a 12" or possibly a 17" if I can find one. I want to eventually try my hand at deep space photography. I have seen the 24" amateur deals and if I remember right that is about the biggest we can get. Have you got a pic you can put up? I would like to see that monster.

8. Click Here!

9. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Most of my hobbies consist of anything that has to do with the ocean(fishing, diving, snorkeling, sunsets etc....). I also play the drums, radio control Boats, love to work with hands and last but not least, my family(best investment one can make). I dont have any pics right now b/c Im ar work. Luna

10. Kas

Kas Bristle Worm

HA! Nope, those aren't pipes but I'm working on it! ;D Kas

11. KOgle

KOgle Zoanthid

Glad to see someone else on here likes to hike. ;D I'm heading down to Mammoth cave park for a 3 day trip next week.

1 person likes this.
  12. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

OUCH!!!! this is really unacceptable!! the pic police and no pics...roflmao!
    well that is too many hobbies to mention, and a lot of them too violent for me
    like the sex toy one lmao!