Any OTHER hobby

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by lillys Grandad, Sep 15, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

John I did a complete HO train setup for my nieces and nephew a couple years ago...was 6 feet long with mountains, caves and an entire town. I had so much fun when I did that I have often times debated doing another one. However that was when I was a more patient woman....I would be able to work on it a little here and a little there. I found now a days my attention span is so very short that I can barely finish anything let alone something that took so long to do.

It took me a year to complete it as everything except the trains I painted, put together or built myself. Sad thing is my brother and sister in law put it up cause the kids were too small to really take care of it and they have never got a chance to play with it

I really want to build my nephew one of those nitro cars....except those are so very expensive to start with..all my money goes to my habit....SW fish

2. Click Here!

3. Hackem688

Hackem688 Millepora

I love trains lived near tracks my whole life wish I had the room for that hobby

4. ssgheislerswife

ssgheislerswife Ritteri Anemone

Yeah, we have an iguana (I run a zoo in my house I tell ya) and a cat that likes to dismantle lizards. We hope the iguana grows fast enough that the cat doesn't figure out it's a lizard before it's too big for it.

5. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Man, that is the only instrument I have tried and failed. I can do guitar hero like a madman, but the real thing? No way. I should try again sometime.

The cat ate your bird? That sucks dude.

6. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

holey cow! i didnt know cats where THAT brave :) a lizard is nothing to mess with, especially if your a cat ;D

7. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

I tell ya.....so many habits (hobbies), so little time. I have loved everything I have done. Some hobbies I have been into for months, some years. I now try to have everything at my fingertips so if I get a bug up my ^%$, I can act on it and don't have to spend time with the set up. I just go to my garage and presto, I am into whatever I am into.

8. Click Here!

9. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

have you seen mine? everybody wishes for stuff until they get it. i want coralline algae now its a pain in the rear. i wanted a lizard and then it turned into this thing

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    for a size reference its almost the length of a bath tub

10. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

And Schackmel, you should get out the HO and improve upon it. Why not. You would get back into it in no time flat. And then, when the kids are old enough, they will really appreciate it. You've already gone this far.......

11. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

mine are normal ones lol oil painting, photography, I collect shot glasses, I have 83 now, used to collect steins, dogs, cats, sewing, cooking, remodeling the house lol

12. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

DUDE!!!!! It's HUGE!!! What the hell do you do with a lizard that big?!