Any OTHER hobby

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by lillys Grandad, Sep 15, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ssgheislerswife

ssgheislerswife Ritteri Anemone

My company allows men, but you have to be VERY CAREFUL what you say and do.

2. Click Here!

3. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

well hopefully they don't get ashy elbows lol

4. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

I was surprised when I went to a friends house for a "party" I had no idea what I was going for...I honestly thought it was just a get together. As soon as I walked in the door I was shocked to say the least...here was this full size inflated man, anatomically correct (well....not sure about all proportions::)) with ummmm you know on and moving (definately not correct movement :eek:)! There was also a table full of gadgets. It was interesting to say the least! Poor sales lady had fun with our group but I dont think she sold anything! She got very angry at the end of the party.... Have to admit it was fun...unusual but fun! Nobody knew what they were coming for, and I think that was done for a reason!

5. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

lol i was just kiddin, i am not quitting my day job anytime soon unless my dad fires me ;D

1 person likes this.
  6. {Nano}Reefer

LMAO thats hillerious!!

7. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

I am into post war (WWII) American Flyer S Guage model trains. I have an 8X8 foot set up in the garage that needs to be cleaned up. I just rewired it about a month ago and need to get some track terminals hooked up so I have good, even voltage around the track.

Otherwise, I rebuilt everything to working order except the internal workings of the engine. I also got some killer deals on two transformers from a guy on eBay.

Most of this was mine when I was a kid. It was my Dad's before me. That is why I had to rebuild it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another thing I am into is working with antique clocks. I like to find parts and put things together and make them work. This is my first success. It was done from the ground up. I did not do any woodwork or anything like that.....just bought the case, the gong, the hands, etc, etc and put it together. This one cost me about $120 to do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also mess around on ancestry.com. My family tree has grown to about 6000 plus people dating back to a few hundred years before Christ on some lines. That took a lot of work. Many, many months of research. But with the magic of computers, it is really not that hard.

So those are my passions.

2 people like this.
  8. Click Here!

9. {Nano}Reefer

wow John, i like the trains but that clock is fricken sweet!!! how much? ;D

10. Hackem688

Hackem688 Millepora

Here is what I do on the side

Spining Beats - Cards - Guns - Jordans I have 65 Pairs This is for you missionsix66

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  11. ssgheislerswife

ssgheislerswife Ritteri Anemone

OMG John, that clock is AMAZING!!!!

Gin

1 person likes this.
  12. {Nano}Reefer

i play acoustic guitar, i had a Cockatiel a few years back that used to sing along with my tunes untill my cat ate him.... i still love my cat though! she was just doing what cats do i guess.