Any other biker/aquarium junkies out there?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by lightningfront, Feb 6, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

bike looks quick. I have 96 ft lbs at the rear wheel of my Geezer Glide..... I like a little speed every once in a while too.

2. Click Here!

3. lightningfront

lightningfront Spaghetti Worm

Nice, I love Buells. I love the handling and speed but comfort kinda slacks. After about 8 hours on the bike my rear, and legs are wore out. I wish I had the money to get a cruiser too for those long rides.

4. lightningfront

You guys ever heard of Deals Gap and the tail of the Dragon?

I'm headed down in april for the buellforums anual ride.

5. fazool666

fazool666 Sea Dragon

Never heard of it - what is it? Buell's only thing?

6. fazool666

fazool666 Sea Dragon

I have to add my piece to all that was listed above:

It's as simple as this, ride a hog and there is no turning back! The imports try and in some cases even come close but it's not the same no matter what someone else tells you!

Like I previously stated, my first bike was a Honda and although a good, fun bike to ride, it NO WAY compares to my Dyna or any other H/D for that matter. Now your gonna say "the Honda was a '78 and the H/D is an '04 so of course there is a difference" but the difference is not age, it's the feel of the bike in general. I've rode brand new imports from Honda to BMW to Triumph to Kawasaki, etc. etc. and even though some have been nice bikes, they just don't have the same feeling a H/D has IMO.

Now the thing is, if your a biker, ride whatever you like / can afford - were all on 2 wheels and that's all that matters in the big picture BUT if you ever get the chance to ride a 700lb+ piece of American iron under your ass, you will understand!

7. lightningfront

No it's not a Buell only thing, they are just having a gathering there that weekend.

Deals Gap and the tail of the dragon is a road on the North Carolina tennessee border, in the smokey mountains. It's US route 129, consisting of 318 curves in 11 miles of road then there is a 120 mile loop back thats a nice ride. It's the number 1 motorcycle and sports car road in the US. (you know that huge dam in the movie the Fugitive with Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones, thats on this road)

Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap and Cherohala Skyway, Graham Co, NC

[​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. fazool666

fazool666 Sea Dragon

WOW am I not with it today!! I know exactly what your talking about now!!!

Never been but always wanted to take the ride. My excursions have always been rallies like Laconia and Daytona but one of these days I will do it!

10. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Or the same brotherhood.

I ride Deals Gap at least once a year maybe two. We usually lave here at 5:00 am and go down and back in one day. Usually back home by 7:30 or 8:00 pm

11. suckafish

suckafish Montipora Capricornis

oohhh peggie is quick as hell off the line. lots of torc top end not so much, i have only had the guts to get it up too 120. but the past owner pinned it at 140. but it has a race chip and race exhaust so it is sooooo load, no will ride with me in a tunnel. everyone thinks the intake is a turbo. i wish it was tooo.
    and i will say one of my favorite rides is going to down the 1 hwy here in cali ocean view and lots of curves;D

12. reefer Bob

reefer Bob Montipora Digitata

I miss being able to go for all day rides, Tenn Mnts are the best place to ride on the east coast. There is a bar called Barberosa Saloon outside Newport Tenn. it sits right on the river and is owned by bikers. We go there and drink when I visit my family. Some day soon I'll have another bike to make my trips up north with. Its sad that I live in a state where I can ride year round and I dont own a bike.