Any info on T-6 lighting?

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by rayman007, Mar 12, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. rayman007

rayman007 Astrea Snail

I have an Odyssey T-6 ( 4 by 56watt) and was wandering if anyone has this light and or any experience with T-6 lighting? I have heard that the light per watt is greater than T-5s or PCs, but I can't find anything solid. I installed the light about 2 months ago, and my corals seam to be finely adjusted to the new lighting. I currently have most your basic corals (Kenya tree, colt, shrums, xenia, trumpets, stars and a large carpet. My big question, is this enof light for my new carpet (one week old)? And with these lights can I venture into lps and sps. Or is T-6 lighting just not enof. Any info would be great.

2. Click Here!

3. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

Cuttingras has it, so when see logs an sometime she'll post ;)

1 person likes this.
  4. rayman007

rayman007 Astrea Snail

Thanks man. I dropped her a message and will see what happens.

1 person likes this.
  5. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Aquaboy is right. Cuttingras is very helpful and willing to share her knowledge.

6. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

Dont be sarcastic ;) lol.

7. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

hey ya'll, sorry I haven't been there for you!! ;D

rayman, welcome to 3reef! :wave:

yes, I do have them and I really like them. I went from pc to these and so far so good. I have two toadstools, a finger leather and a pineapple coral under them and they all seem very happy. . My ricordia have shrunk to nothing, but I think that's something else. Not sure if it's the lights... As far as all the data, I've never seen any. Any other questions I can be of help with let me know!:)

Aquaboy and Mission, thanks :kiss: your words were very kind :lol:

2 people like this.
  8. Click Here!

9. rayman007

rayman007 Astrea Snail

Thanks Cuttingras. Is your fixture made by Odyssey? I am currently running the four 56watt T-6 and two 65watt 50/50 pc. For about two weeks after the install my Trumpet and Frog Spawn weren’t looking so hot. Now they look better than they did under my (4) 65 watt. PCs. I am getting some new frags this weekend and will let you know how the corals do. If you would be so kind as to let me know how things go with your lights, coral overtime. I will say this “ the new lights make my tank look awesome” and I am not a huge fan of MH lighting.

10. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

I'm not a huge fan of the price(mh)! Yes, mine are Odyssea. 4x56x48" 2-15k's and the blue actinics(if I remember correctly). Aquatraders is where I got em. I have noticed a lot less algae then when I had the pc's. The corals I have love the lights, like I said with the exception of zoa's and the ricordia's, they just wanna shrivel up and disappear..... Let me know how yours does too!:)

11. rayman007

rayman007 Astrea Snail

Odyssea makes a cheap light but they give a good price. I also got my light from AQUA TRADERS. One of the night lights quit working other than that they look awsome and work good. I picked up some new frags from missionsix66, and will let you know how the do...

12. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

i have the 4X 65 watt PC fixture from oddysea i my closet......it worked but i just wanted MH for the reason that you cent get any 14k PC's! and the output of course..... my PFO dual 250 ballast cost me 100 buxs! and 20 for reflectors and sockets! I was looking in the FS section of reefcentral and saw the ballast and bought it. Never looked back on purchase. but i will admit that the noise from the ballast makes you wanna rip your head off after listening to it for an hour ;) T6's and T5's are amazing, have great output, and really decreased running costs (Bulb and energy use)!