Any hope left for these?

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by cuttingras, Sep 13, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

First off, I apologize for the bad quality, I was in a hurry... I got these last night from Scenario, he's been fighting to keep them alive. All my params. are perfect. might have the pics mixed up, if I do let me know.

Hammer...any hope left? It's still got some green polyps and the stalk isn't hard, still fleshy. I realize the skeleton is partially showing
    [​IMG]

frogspawn...still has lots of small green polyps on top
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

4. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

They've seen better days for sure. I dunno if they'll make it or not. I don't know what to tell you.

1 person likes this.
  5. wareagle35031

wareagle35031 Bubble Tip Anemone

I wouldnt trash em yet, but I would get the garbage can ready!! They look bad cutting, very very bad.

1 person likes this.
  6. ssgheislerswife

ssgheislerswife Ritteri Anemone

Iodine dips are the only hope they have. Barely cover them with tank water in a bucket or tupperware bowl, add 15 drops of lugols and let it sit for 15-20 minutes before putting them back in the tank. Do this for 3-5 days and you'll either see an improvement or they'll be gone. Didn't save my frogspawn, but it did save my bubble coral when it's mouth was torn by the snail getting in there.

7. scenario1313

I say for everyone to give gras some Karma for trying to save them. She is a great person that I got the pleasure of meeting yesterday and she went way out of her way to get them.

8. Click Here!

9. cuttingras

ya know I didn't think about the iodine! I usually squirt on some oceans blend when I frag something or get something in new good idea! I think the oceans blend is not as strong as the lugols......

:(:(:( It's ok scenario, I'll get them back to life for ya I know CPR!!!!!;D

10. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

CPR certified for corals? Is that "Coral Polyp Resuscitation" I'm gonna have that copyrighted, lol. ;D

1 person likes this.
  11. scenario1313

Oh and you can officially say I failed at my first coral attempt. WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO what a way to start out.

1 person likes this.
  12. cuttingras

LMAO! didn't think of what the acronym would have meant good job Bogie LOL

it's OK Scenario{{hugs}}...just think of it this way...we ALL gotta fail at something:-/:yaknow:;)j/k I didn't mean that in a mean way! I'll let you know daily how they're doin!!!!:)

2 people like this.