Any gun knowledgable people on here?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Jim522, Jan 25, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TBELT

TBELT Ritteri Anemone

[as Thomas Jefferson quoted:
    "The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."[/QUOTE]

Great quote. i do not remeber for sure who said this one but here it goes

"Those who are willing to give up their guns to forge plows will soon be pulling them" It may have been Thomas jefferson but I am not sure.

My personal favorite is. "You can have my gun when you pry it from my dead cold fingers" not sure who said that either but I have it on a belt buckle.

2. Click Here!

3. mcfarrow

mcfarrow Skunk Shrimp

4. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Not to be rude or anything, but I dont see the need for a woman to have 1 million pairs of shoes, 50 purses and 100 million pieces of jewerly. When you only have 1 pair of feet, 2 shoulders and 10 fingers.;D

luna

2 people like this.
  5. seabass1

seabass1 Montipora Digitata

Well, I'm gonna have to print this thread, because I know very little about handguns. Although, I do have an old 12gauge Winchester pump, a 12 gauge Browning auto, 20gauge Browning auto, Winchester lever action .22cal. C'mon guys, all you need is a coupla boxes of Hi-Base lead goose shot.
    I would really like a handgun though. I travel alot all over SoCal. It would be concealed/legal. Everyone wants me to get a dang Muzzle loader though. How the heck do you conceal that? :confused:
    Also, I really believe owning a gun is harmless and very smart. I'll be damned if some crazed (or very stupid) low life is gonna break into my or my families home and take what I've worked all of my life for. "I may be a fool...but I ain't no DAMN fool!!!"

6. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

Perhaps we should all just start estrogen therapy so we can all feel better about our selves.

I really hate defending myself over stereotypes. You know, there are some people that think spending thousands of dollars on a life support system so we can yank some poor creature out of the sea and look at it in a cage in our living room is silly. But hey, some folks seem to think that is perfectly acceptable right?

I want a sports car cause they are fun. More importantly, I would like the means to own a Porsche over actually owning one.

But ya... any one that owns a gun is ego maniac, with a inferiority complex and a small *****. :confused:

Sure makes it a lot easier to accept and perpetuate stereotypes than it is to understand and make informed decisions.

2 people like this.
  7. TriggersRule

TriggersRule Feather Duster

Sigs are great guns, a little on the pricey side though when new but sounds like you are getting a good deal. I have an XD45 and it's definitely my fav gun, deadly accurate, never jams, super light, and can be used for many applications. You should trade that taurus in for an XD45 to go with that XD9, you won't be dissapointed ;D

8. Click Here!

9. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

I sent mine to Springer for a trigger job. Now it is perfect.

10. TriggersRule

TriggersRule Feather Duster

Hmmm, what did you have done to yours? I've never even thought of modifying mine other than maybe adding a flashlight or laser sight to the tactical rail.

11. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Or maybe they just like cars. Some don't even drive their collection.

12. l400ex

l400ex Fire Worm

sounds like a good deal to me! but i dont know much about them however i did just get a 1911 to replace my taurus 27/7 pro 9mm as my between the seat gun in my truck concealed carry is nice but i only cary a gun on me if i go to the city i mostly leave it in the truck i also have 2 ar and 2 sks all shooting 223 you never know if a war is going to break out lol!