Any gun knowledgable people on here?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Jim522, Jan 25, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

That's pretty ignorant. We don't need to get into a argument here. I own a gun because self protection is right guaranteed me by the Constitution. I choose to excersize my right. Feel free to excersize yours. Has nothing to do with compensation.

As for XD's... I really love mine. Just a great gun with great features for a great price. Get your Sig, but pickup a XD sometime.

2. Click Here!

3. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

I drool everytime I see an M1. I get to use them on funeral details, but that is it. I have a ache for a carbine.

4. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

5. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

I personally dont have a gun to "feel" like a man nor to compensate for small human parts. I have it to protect myself and my family and if I had to fill someone with holes to protect my family.........so be it!!!

Guns dont kill people by themselves, it takes a human to hold the gun and pull the trigger.

luna

6. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Ditto :) top of my list, along with a half dozen others :)

I'd like an AR as well but Cali dropped them a while back. Close I got is a mini-14 but that is no substitute for an AR :(

7. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

My LAR is my everyday shooter. Super accurate, super quiet, and cheap to shoot under 300 meters. I use it for my long shooting as well. At almost 2 bucks a round it hurts, but well worth it.

I highly recommend one.

8. Click Here!

9. TBELT

TBELT Ritteri Anemone

My favorite shooters are my .45 and my .44 lever actions closely followed by the ruger mini 30. None of which are cheap to shoot. The one I shoot most often is a Sig .22 semi. I really love that little gun. Lots of fun and accurate. Only down side is it will only eat good ammo. If I put cheap stuff in, it will stove pipe about 6 rounds into the clip. There is an indoor range close to me and a couple of outdoor ranges. I take my oldest son with me. Great father son time. The only problem is that he is starting to beat me when we shoot bowling pins and targets. He has quite an eye and a steady hand.

10. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

because it's my right and i do so legally. i will protect mine and my own with lethal force. from those people that carry illegally.

crime and violence can come down upon you without warning or cause. from no fault of your own. It's up to you if you want to fight or give in.

as Thomas Jefferson quoted:
    "The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

11. NU-2reef

NU-2reef Montipora Digitata

thats your view on life.

ive personally found a more peacful one without them.

12. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

....26 long guns...16 handguns... all but my makarov are locked in my massive 60 gun, gun safe....its a personal choice.
    nice thread....glad everyone is being reasonable. : )

LG