Any gun knowledgable people on here?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Jim522, Jan 25, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. billyboy2

billyboy2 Coral Banded Shrimp

i was gonna say something... but don't want to offend the pistol whippin yanks...lol

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

mine does too (they actually just want the breech open - not needing a case, but no loaded mag in the pistol)... but if I'm not shooting my carry piece... well, it's concealed ;)

and if I am shooting my carry piece, then my backup is concealed. Just bc I'm at a range doesn't mean I'm not going to carry a loaded weapon at all times.

4. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

what's your point?

Is this your first forum experience?

I almost gave -k on that one...

5. billyboy2

so why are you taking offense. i just have a diffrent view than majority. so you don't like what i said and condem it eh?? this is off the bucket ! is it your first forum experience? thats the point of forums to express opinion. join a gun forum if you wanna talk guns or ppl might not say what you wanna hear. I got guns but only time they come out is hunting season and thats how it should be inless your a cop or security

6. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

Last warning before the thread gets closed, folks. There is a way to express a point of view without insulting or stereotyping. Express yourself, but be nice. :)

1 person likes this.
  7. billyboy2

8. Click Here!

9. billyboy2

sorry for the disrespect, i get fired up about guns. My brother was shot last year and died from some 15 year old kid playing. If it never happened i'd be chiming in with all of you. It only takes a second to have your views do 360 turn. sorry again

10. s10lowrider1994

s10lowrider1994 Feather Duster

Works both ways though.... It only takes having a gun stuck in your face once to make you wish you had one on your hip. Either way though its a touchy subject for some folks. The best option is just to respect others choices, opinions and rights when you are on the opposite side of the issue. As for us gun owners the best thing we can do is handle our firearms responsibly, understand the power that a gun has and what it can do to someones life in a split second if mistreated. Knowing how to handle your gun and yourself is the far most important thing to keep these horrible accidents from happening which yield the stereotypes we deal with today. Alot of the accidents we hear about that involve kids finding their parents guns and shooting themselves of someone else are 100% the gunowers fault due to lack of safety when storing their weapon. It's not the gun that caused the situation, it's the moron who did not lock it up and left it to be found by some poor child. This has been an interesting thread though and I would like to thank people on both sides of the issue for being kind and respectful for the most part.

1 person likes this.
  11. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

i agree with slowrider.

I don't believe in accidental gun discharges or other "accidents". It's negligence. Be it not properly secured from kids, handling incorrectly, not checking if it's loaded, etc. It's all negligence.

The negligent behavior of some individuals and the law breaking behavior of others is not relevant to my law-abiding right to carry.

Besides, we should just go to the source and ban crime.

You can have all the peaceful, rainbow views in the world with the best intentions. Crime and violence can come down upon you without provocation or warning. Ones opinions and views have no bearing on if you are attacked. They only pertain to the options you will have available to you if you are attacked. Obviously I support my option of lethal force but I also support anyone else's view that they don't want that option available to them.

12. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

Well said.

We could only wish that there were no such thing as negligent individuals. But until then. . ...

There is no such thing as "it just went off." The responsibility of gun ownership can't be stressed enough.

Aside--I appreciate the tempered input of all on this thread. Thanks for showing that we can agree to disagree, and we can disagree with respect.

1 person likes this.