Any gun knowledgable people on here?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Jim522, Jan 25, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. greysoul

greysoul Stylophora

I just picked up a "new" (used) oddity for my collection...

A Calico M950,
    [​IMG]

50 round 9mm magazine on the top, drops shells out the bottom.

other guns: Colt HBar AR-15, Remington 870 12ga tactical shotty, Glock 35 (.40sw), Walther P22.

2. Click Here!

3. element

element Fire Worm

CCW in Arizona XD45 if I am out of the house I'm carrying. Refuse to be a victim! Live free or die!!!

4. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

untill someone comes in your house in the middle of the night carrying a gun......try peacefully talking to that guy would ya????? I can tell you what would happen to that guy if he came in my house. He better spot me before i get my lazer sight on the side of his noggin.....My gun is put up, out of reach where my daughter, unless she grabs a ladder, will never get her hands on it....and further more, she has been shooting since she was 4 and knows exactly what guns will do. How about advocating better parenting, instead of gun control???

1 person likes this.
  5. greysoul

greysoul Stylophora

ok, read the thread front to back now....

OP: yeah, I too collect guns. What was the question?... er.. I said I read it all, I didn't say I committed it to memory.

best gun memory:

Short of telekinesis, having the desire to turn a water heater into Swiss cheese at 1400 yards, nothing else comes close to a Barrett Xm109 w/ M20's

6. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

Just remember that the day you are sitting in front of 12. I know what you are saying, I don't want to be a victim, but I don't want my life in the hands of 12 either. If I ever have to pull the trigger, it will be the last choice left. And I don't want to jeapardize any of my rights to 12. I carry lawfully. It is a right to be protected.

7. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

LOL I hear ya. My thought is this: even though I'm sure he would like to be, he won't always be there to "protect" me. I'm not relying on calling a number to have someone come help me, I'm doing it myself because it's them or me and I don't need to take a shot/stab/etc while the sirens aren't even in earshot yet.

8. Click Here!

9. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

wife has finally, for first time, shot a pistol! Was very exciting for both of us. And, wouldn't you know it, her very first pistol trigger pull in her life had a dud round! couldn't believe it. That's happened to me like twice in my life and it happened to her on the first shot. She thought she messed up. Was a good lesson, but still...

Still though, she's not ready to actually use a pistol. But she has gotten very good at reloading my mags and bringing my pistol to me correctly (i.e. safely). We practice home defense as a family so that we are all knowledgeable and familiar with safe procedures. Where to go, good cover and good hiding spots, etc. This is a natural progression of our disaster action plans we practice (what to do, where to go in a hurricane, where to meet if we get separated, etc.).

Preparation is key.

1 person likes this.
  10. DanKistner

DanKistner Coral Banded Shrimp

My wife is wondering why I buy so many guns yet haven't gotten her one yet! I knew I married the right girl!

11. ziggy222

ziggy222 Fire Goby

PA carry permits are recognized by 23 other states now.i got mine just so i could transport my pistol to an from the range without hastle

12. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

the range I go to still requires any firearm be brought in via a case and no loaded mags, they enforce their own rules in their own ways and their cameras dont have audio so I make sure to do whatever the sign says :p