Any Electricians here???

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by Chris Jones, May 16, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

All switches are rated for 600 watts.

2. Click Here!

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Excuse me. I meant 600 volts.

4. Chris Jones

Chris Jones Feather Duster

"ALL" Switches are NOT rated for 600 volts! Just as not all fuses are for 250 volts! Switches come in many sizes and the voltage in which they are rated is based on current flow vs circuit resistance. current is directly proportional to voltage if resistance is constant (I=E/R). the higher the current flow, the more heat, the greater the chance of, at best switch failure, at worse, a house fire.
    Cheers. :p

5. martyinalaska

martyinalaska Astrea Snail

HI, LOOKS LIKE I AM TOO LATE! I AM AN ELECTRICIAN, I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY FUTURE QUESTIONS REGARDING ELECTRICAL QUESTIONS...I AM JUST STARTING TO RESEARCH AQUARIUM LIGHTING BUT I CAN ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR HOUSE WIRING, DO LOAD CALCULATIONS, ETC.. I WOULD BE HAPPY TO HELP ANY WAY I CAN. EVERYONE HAS HELPED ME SO MUCH, BEING A NEWBIE, MAYBE I CAN GIVE BACK. :) DON'T HESITATE TO ASK.

6. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Marty (or anyone whom can help me), do you understand relay wiring schematics?  I have a few that I need to wire up, and all ready had some wired up, but in my moving of the tank, it got all messed up.  I have a .pdf of the schamtic on the relay, as well as a description of the relay that I could email you if you can help me out.

7. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

Gresham,

If Marty can't help I certainly can try :) I did a lot of control panel wiring in my apprecticeship, albeit in a different country I can't see that the diagrams and functions of relays would be diifferent :)

John

8. Click Here!

9. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Sweet, a hit in 8 minutes, got love this board. Thanks JohnO, I'll email it to you shortly. One question, which way does your electricity travel, from + to - or - to +, is it like our toilets? J/K :)

10. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

LOL You idiot :) :)

John

11. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

12. martyinalaska

martyinalaska Astrea Snail

I CAN TAKE A LOOK AT IT TOO IF YOU HAVEN'T FIGURED IT OUT YET, LET ME KNOW. YOU CAN EMAIL ME THE SCHEMATIC.