any advice on fragging birdsnest?

Discussion in 'Frags' started by MTREEFER, Sep 23, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MTREEFER

MTREEFER Plankton

My budy wanted to go in half on a large pink birdsnest. Any advice on fragging it ? I knowthey are very fragile. I was trying to find out if anyone has done it and if they were succ.

2. Click Here!

3. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

use some kind of cutters to clip whatever size pieces you want and glue them to frag disks or other rocks or whatever with superglue gel.
    Green Polyp (fragged like 3 days ago)
    [​IMG]
    Blue Polyp Purple Base (fragged a couple weeks ago)
    [​IMG]

4. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

They take to fragging very well. I can turn a one foot birdsnest into 3000 frags in an hour with some sidecutters and some superglue.

5. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

+1 on that! They're pretty sturdy for sps. The only problem Iver ever had with birdsnest is I bought frag from guy Smyrna (about an hour from me), and by the time I got it home, it had totally freaked out and released its zooxanthellae (bleached). It was almost hot pink when I bought it. It never did fully recover.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  6. MTREEFER

MTREEFER Plankton

awsome thanks! those are really good looking pieces. you wouldnt be interested in any pink birdsnest frags would you?

7. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

is it the hot pink kind? I noticed you're in the boro.... Its not coming from Smyrna is it??? haha

8. Click Here!

9. MTREEFER

MTREEFER Plankton

what kind of tank position would you recomend for the frags, low or high current?

10. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

moderate to high. but it really depends on what kind of flow... I also use hang on frag racks made out of eggcrate. It makes it a lot easier to take macro shots of frags and corals cause I can get the camera like 2-3 inches from the coral.

11. MTREEFER

MTREEFER Plankton

no idea just ordered it today. ill get some pics up asap. and no its not outa smyrna haha. r u selling those frags?

12. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

nah Im growing those out. I might have some ready when the frag swap rolls around, but thats 4 months from now.