Anthias establishing dominance! *video*

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Toallhisdoom, Aug 19, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

yep here ya go. Pic is from a few weeks or month ago.
    also a pic of the new trio! haha

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

Lol! Love the trio pic! There's no male looking features to her yet..... removing her for awhile would be your best option.

4. Toallhisdoom

i just will have to rip the whole tank apart to get her out i feel. maybe when she is sleeping? haha

5. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

[​IMG]

This was ours when she made a little change.

6. Toallhisdoom

7. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

What about a trap? There are a number of home made ones you could try (using soda bottles, etc.; do a search on this site). I have a Reef Gently Acclimation box which doubles as a trap :)

8. Click Here!

9. Toallhisdoom

Good tip. Just found a good trap out if a 2liter bottle. Will try this tonight. Going away for the weekend so dont wanna come back to any dead fish!

10. Toallhisdoom

I have not taken anyone out yet, the aggression has seemed to calm down quite a bit. All the fish were out when i fed, and seem to be more active tonight. They are still cautious and not completely at ease. Will keep watch. And keep you all posted. But things seem to be looking up!

11. Scuba Ken

Scuba Ken Ritteri Anemone

I stripped the tank, was the 2nd time in a week, so I was very impressed, I kept the fish in a floating jail cell for a while, but they were not happy, so I bought a 10 gallon QT tank and set it up with a power head and a filter and some live rock, and performed 50% water changes (25 rodi/25 DT water) daily for 2 weeks.

I released back into the DT 2 weeks later at night with no lights on, this appears to have cured their aggression and destructive ways.

Cheapest tank I could find was a wall mart 1 gallon, with filter light etc, I believe it was 48$ all in, A bargain, not the tank is housing some very yummy brine shrimp, who will produce a twice a week supper for the fish.

12. Toallhisdoom

They are deff doing a lot better guys! They are more free swimming, but the original is deff going to change as she is the dominant one. She still flares her fins up and pushes the other 3 around but they are all out and swimming around now, and are all eating with no problems!