Another New Critter

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by david, Jun 28, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

I've just recently noticed a new thing nestled down in a hole in a piece of live rock. The thing (well actually there are two side by side) is a little round purple tube with small white "teeth" (at least thats what they look) like running around the top. It can move down into the hole a little, but not to much. Also I've seen it close up it's "teeth" to close off the tube. I've serched the critter pages and found nothing like it? Is it a coral,worm, what I don't know? Does anybody know what this could be?
    I'd post a pic, but I have a cheap camera and never get good shots of my tank with it.Some body should post a thread about how to take good shots of your tank and what cameras work best?????Good idea huh?
    [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

2. Click Here!

3. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

what kind of camera do you have? I use a nikon coolpix 4500, a kind of speny digi camera. I've heard the 3000 is a SUPER popular camera with excellent quality.

As for the critter, sounds like a worm snail (family Vermetida). Does it put out a clear thread ever?

4. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

God I have a $50 wal-mart camera it's pretty bad I can't get a good shot of a person with it! As for the critter, I've never seen a white thread come from it? Maybe I'll take a shot of it with my regular camers and scan the pic possibly then I would have something I could post!

5. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

that sounds like a tough one to describe i hope you can get a pic of the thing then maby we can work on it

good luck

6. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

There are a lot of mid to high end digital camers that work well with reef tanks.. The main things are a macro for up close shots and control of lighting to compensate for the tank lights. The lenses are extermely important to obtain quality shots with interchangeable lenses being a real, and expensive luxury. Nikon, Fuji, Minolta, Canon, Kodak, and others all make cameras that fit the needs described.