Another light question.

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by New2Reef, Mar 2, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. New2Reef

New2Reef Astrea Snail

I'm considering another light,one that will provide my tank with everything it will need to strive and allow for hardy growth. The current unit is a Coralife Aqualight
    4 bulb unit,I've been looking into the ICECAP VHO retofit units 3 bulb. I have an oak canopy and was wondering if it will fit inside the canopy...I'll need a cooling fan I'm sure,but I'd hate to order the light kit and have it not fit.
    The inside measures 48 1/2"..is this enuff room for the kit? Is this a better light than Im running or is my current set-up doing it all now? Please Help.
    Any other light advice is welcome. I want to make sure I buy a real good light.
    Thanks
    N2R

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Malachi

Malachi Sea Dragon

Will you be happy with this or will you continue to upgrade to a MH? I upgraded and was never happy until i made the final plung into a VHO/MH combo. Aren't you already operating with PC?

4. New2Reef

New2Reef Astrea Snail

With what I plan for my tank my LFS said MH's wont be needed,but I do want to make sure I buy a high quality light for my reef n friends.
    Yes...on the PC but is that ICECAP VHO set-up considered a PC?
    Am I just better staying where I am with the Coralife?
    Thanks
    N2R

5. Malachi

Malachi Sea Dragon

This is my personal opinion but i like PC for the whites but i like VHO better for the blue spec. I had (2) COraife 36" Double PC which was 380 Watts total and I had a replacement (4)VHO bulb set up until my MH came in. And i would say i like the VHO better but if you are talk $$, the change is not that drastic.