Another blenny MIA

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Piano10, Apr 15, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Piano10

Piano10 Aiptasia Anemone

This is getting weird. Last month I had a healthy blenny disappear overnight....i found his body being cleaned up the next day in his den.

About 2 weeks ago I got another blenny. Now this one didn't eat fish food for a week, only stuff off the rocks. He finally started eating veggie flake and seaweed but he never really went crazy for food.

He hasn't been seen all day and I don't see him in the rocks.

Any suggestions on if I can't find the body?

2. Click Here!

3. PittsburghReefTank12

PittsburghReefTank12 Flamingo Tongue

Blennies are weird. Ive had about 4 blennies in my tank and they all did the same thing as yours. They would dissaper and I would find there body under a rock. Do you have an emerald crab or and type of crab like it. They've been known in my tank to eat fish as soon as I let them out of the LFS bags.

4. Piano10

Piano10 Aiptasia Anemone

I think you're right. This blenny was so odd, it even allowed hermits to walk on it while it perched...never seen that before. Lol.
    As much as I love blennies, that was the last one. Now i have to find a new friend for my clown.

I do have a pom pom crab but he wasn't anywhere near it although he certainly cleaned up the last body all on his own