Anenome question

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Bucsfan, Sep 28, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Bucsfan

Bucsfan Flamingo Tongue

I know I may get differing opinions on this, but would like some suggestions as to the "best" anenome to add to my tank. It is a well established reef/softie 215 gallon and am looking for a new critter that is colorful and won't make a habit of knocking my softies around. Thanks.

2. Click Here!

3. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I love nems! But that being said I can't risk my reef tank for one. I had a RBTA stay in one spot for months and it was doing great and looking awesome then one day it decided to take a stroll across my reef and decimated some nice coral. I really do miss my nem though. I vote RBTA or any type of bubble tip. I've seen some crazy colors.

4. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

BTA's are generally considered the easiest, easy being a relative term. They wont "knock" around your softies, but they may kill them, such a potent sting and the ability to wonder freely generally don't do well in a reef tank.

Other options would be a tube anemone (NPS, feed meaty foods every couple days) maxi mini's, or rock/flower anemones.

I would stay away from true carpet anemones, ritteri's, condy's, and sebae's.

5. dienerman

dienerman Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

I had an LTA in my 150 that was great. You certainly have the room but as others have said, you never know where they are going to settle.