anemone melting?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by BJules, Feb 12, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BJules

BJules Astrea Snail

i just currently received my order from saltwater fish. i bought a bubble tip anemone after talking to all my lfs around to make sure i had enough lighting, and water conditioning was good, they gave me the go ahead. so i dripped it and everything, and it doesnt look good to me..

is it melting, does it normally look like this after it has been shipped?
    please help.
    Brian

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

that doesnt look good. i have a condylactus nem and its never ever looked like that. it does some weird things like close itself up into a ball at night with one little bit of a tentacle sticking out, but never has it looked like that.

sorry i cant be of better help. what are your water params? did it look like that when you got it? did it eat?

4. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

If you think it's dying, don't put it in your tank. I've heard when they die they release toxins and can kill all your fish.

Sorry if I'm incorrect - that's what I've heard.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  5. BJules

BJules Astrea Snail

its been in my tank for 30-45 mins i havent fed it anything yet. my mom dripped it for me while i was at baseball practice. so idk what it looked like the second it got here. my water is perfect i got it tested the other day to make sure

6. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

"water perfect" "got it tested the OTHER DAY" no offense, but thats a useless answer to my question :)

good luck

7. BJules

BJules Astrea Snail

i mean here a full list
    nitrates-0
    phosphates- 0
    kh- 10
    salinity-1.022
    ph and alk were both good

8. Click Here!

9. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

how old is your tank?
    ammonia?

10. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

hows the nitrites/ammonia? otherwise yes, agreed, it all looks good. what was it 'dipped' into?

11. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

it looks like he is using the API reef master test. it doesnt test for nitrite and ammonia like we are used to. very good tests just no ammonia or nitrite. good luck!

12. BJules

BJules Astrea Snail

yea i dont have ammonia or nitrate but the reef store did the test and told me it was good, i just dont know what exactly it was.. and i didnt dip it i drip acclimated it to my tank.
    And i went to the reef store today and they told me it was melting so i took it out of my tank a lil while ago.