Anemone ID?

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by Katie Grant, Sep 9, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. salsalito25

salsalito25 Stylophora

Ok now that's funny..lol

I know you dont wanna kill it but other idea and its simply that.. is like one person said to use a ice cube.. why not a bucket of cold salt water and submerge the rock in it..? Maybe will come off...??

idk.. just thinking outa my southern end...

2. Click Here!

3. Katie Grant

Katie Grant Aiptasia Anemone

The rock it is on, Is my main centerpiece, my largest rock, with every other rock on top, i wanna try to avoid removing every rock in my tank, which id have too just to get to it! I removed the powerhead i had on it, after a couple hours, because i felt so bad, it looked like it was going to blow into a million pieces! lol so now i just kinda stare at it debating weather or not i should fight with it... i mean i do like it. So i might have to let him keep his life for a bit longer lol

1 person likes this.
  4. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Personally, I would just keep it. As Corailine stated earlier, Condys are fairly hardy. It will most likely detach and roll around on the sand if it does get too stressed; at that point you can still save it, and remove it more easily, too. :)

1 person likes this.
  5. Reef Queen

Reef Queen Feather Duster

[​IMG]My fiance bought a purple condy against all my protests because he was "cool" and though he was beautiful he was a monster...worst $10 spent ever haha, he was fine for the 1st few weeks and then, unlike my BTA, he started to wander, this guy was huge and he stung just about every coral on the left side of my tank, none died but my mushrooms still dont look the same months later, they are slowly recovering. he was really scaring me because my tiny little misbar perc was starting to take an interest in him and i was seriously debating flushing him (my LFS will not take trades ins for saltwater livestock, only freshwater) and killing any animal is not something i take lightly but i love my clowns a lot...well when i woke up the next day he had made friends with my powerhead which was weird because he never went that high up before, its like he knew i hated him lol. so i had purple chucks floating in my tank and stinky goo stuck to my powerhead...amazingly it didnt do anything to my params at all but i did a huge waterchange just to be safe...moral of the story is if your lfs takes trade in i would go for it because though you may not have a lot of corals now, someday you will and you dont want a $10 anemone (in your case free lol) to kill a $150 coral. thats my opinion but the great thing about opinions is you can choose to ignore them if you want haha! Good Luck!!!

6. Caspian

Caspian Coral Banded Shrimp

I couldn't help but laugh really really hard when you described the ben making friends with a powerhead!!!

7. Reef Queen

Reef Queen Feather Duster

lol thank you, i really do try to make people laugh haha! And your typo made me laugh because my ex was named ben and i wouldn't mind if he made friends with a powerhead bahahahahahaha!!!!

8. Click Here!

9. Caspian

Caspian Coral Banded Shrimp

Oh reef queen your a hoot and my typo was due to my iPod touch always trying to correct me weither it's right or not.

10. salsalito25

salsalito25 Stylophora

Fully understand there... And if you luck is like mine trying to put the rock back the way you liked it problay wont happen the first time.. lol...

Stupid rock....

11. Katie Grant

Katie Grant Aiptasia Anemone

yup couldnt be one of the small accessible rockss.. he had to go for the main rock holding up my aquascape

12. salsalito25

salsalito25 Stylophora

Have you ever noticed that things we seem are stupid.....Yet are so smart you cann't get rid of them.... Stupid nem....lol

I shake my fist at it in anger..!!! Lol