Anemone compatiblity, hosts and its care???

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by nanomania, Sep 24, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. nanomania

nanomania Vagabond Butterfly

Iv never had an anemone, im planning to purchase green bubble tip as its the most hardy of all and for me its cheapest to start with too.... my question is, can i keep it with other anemone like Red bubble tip and other non bubble tip?? Im planning too keep sebae clown as its host.... will that be ok, as iv not seen them in the comaptiblity list? about care, i know a few reefers that keep them without food, just heavy intense lighting..... i hate feeding frozen and live stuff except frozen mysis once a month dipped in a vita supp. to fishes... i also feed my corals once in a month, never had issues though as i only prefer purely photosynthetic corals..... so my first choice in GBTA.....

2. Click Here!

3. Jason04r

Jason04r Bristle Worm

I don't see the point in having two anemones in one tank unless its a large aquarium. Most clownfish will bond with the anemone however it might be instant ( 1 week ) or months if not years.

I feed my anemone fresh prawns once every 2 weeks and its happy as larry getting bigger and bigger.

4. nanomania

mine is 28g tank..... should i add gbta first or clowns.....?

5. FatBastad

FatBastad Zoanthid

I'm not really sure if it matters...
    I personally added the clowns first and the nem after.

6. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Clowns don't host; Anemones do.I wouldn't put that many anemones in such a small system .Anemone's do require bi-weekly feedings.Also if you plan on adding or have other fish the Sebae's get quite aggresive especially in a small tank.

7. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

In a 28 gallon I would not mix anemones types. Keep all BTA's or all Sebae, all carpets so on so forth. Anemones move, the tank is not big enough for them to stay out of each others way. It could be all fine for months, one BTA moves into a Sebae, it will not end well.

If you add the Anemone first and then introduce the clowns you give a timid clown a place to hide, it may encourage the clown to interact further with the Anemone as a defense mechanism.

8. Click Here!

9. dienerman

dienerman Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

If you are very lucky you can find a nem that is already hosting a clown and purchase them together as a package. I did that with my LTA and it worked out very well. Perhaps i was just int he right place at the right time.

10. nanomania

well so i can atleast keep a gbta with rbta or wbta..... right??? wont add any other type... dint know sebae clowns are agressive.... i wana add some fishes like bangai cardinal, fire goby, damsels, blood red shrimp.... are they ok with the anemone? also once the nems find a good place to settle down, ill add a few softies or lps..... asa far as feeding is concerned, ill feed mysis and krill, do o need to dip them in selcon/vita?

11. nanomania

ill also add a few urchins and a lawnmower blenny....

12. clarkkey594

clarkkey594 Aiptasia Anemone

You want to add all of these to a 28 gallon tank?