Anemone Advice after accident...

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by SpecailEd, Jul 14, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SpecailEd

SpecailEd Astrea Snail

Hey guys,
    I need a little advice, and information. My Carpet anemone, who was the home to my mated Maroon clowns, decided to move up the side of the tank and into my power head. A good portion of him was torn off, however he is still alive and responsive to touch, wouldnt eat his shrimp though, and the clowns are avoiding him.. Is he lost? how much if any can he regenerate or heal? Im afraid he will pollute my tank.. any help or suggestions would be great.

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Ugh. I fear the worst here. :'(
    You might have to pull it out.
    How is it now?

Karma to you.

Matt

4. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

I agree with Matt, except for the might part. Unless you have prestine water quality, it most likely won't come back.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I had the same problem two times with my carpet anemone.I removed it and put it on a side with less water movement.It is amazing but it recovered and it still alive and happy.Please don't remove it from your tank.

Good luck

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Did yours rip too jojo?

7. SpecailEd

SpecailEd Astrea Snail

Well right now he is down in the sand between two rocks, and the clowns have gone back to him.. he appears to be doing ok.. i will keep an eye on him and post whats going on and hopefully you guys can help

8. Click Here!

9. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Great news Ed, keep us posted!

10. Guest

Guest Guest

No Matt i did not rip it.I left it allown .The only thing a did i stoped the power heat and gave it time to pul out. I think if you try to pull it you will make more damages.SpecaiEd by the time the water is good it will recover.Give it time.

11. szidls

szidls Feather Duster

Ed and others with Anemones,
    FWIW.....I have heard of this story happening all to often. It is a wise idea to cover the return section of your PH's with foam when keeping anemones. It is a pain to clean and do maintence, but you will probably save your livestock. Hope it helps.
    Sorry for the loss........Scott

12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Good one Scott!

@jojo - I was asking if your anemone was ripped open like Ed's at all, not if you ripped it.

@Ed - glad to hear it! You might want to do a water test and see if your tank took a hit. ;) :)